This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about where gaming is right now?

#11Vivi0198Posted 1/18/2013 1:51:22 AM
It's amazing. The amount of great games we get from every different genre is great. Never have we had more diversity in gaming.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#12656stoogePosted 1/18/2013 1:58:12 AM
It's quickly becoming like the music and TV industry and is all about disposable products designed to hold the masses attention just long enough to hold them over until the next 'big' thing.

DmC's reception was the last straw for me. This game will be forgotten in weeks, unlike the previous titles, and yet fans and critics are treating it like the saviour of the genre. If this is the crap that we're going to be getting more of then I'm done.
I'll stick to handhelds, might get a Wii U for first party titles, but I'm not the least bit interested in a xbox 720 or a PS4.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#13triple sPosted 1/18/2013 2:14:41 AM
I think online gaming is the only thing that is 100% superior this gen. As a whole, this gen has much less reasons to own more than one console, had JRPGs more or less fade away from popularity and in general has took far less risk. It also doesn't help that a ton of developers have been shut down.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#14oasisbeyondPosted 1/18/2013 2:22:43 AM
I think the problem is that there's too much consoles now. Back in the day there was always 2 major consoles and it worked way better. We need big titles, but also original and smaller titles, but it's kinda of a mess right now.
#15vigorm0rtisPosted 1/18/2013 2:34:44 AM
I've played for 30+ years, and I think people who think there was more diversity in previous gens are delusional.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#16dcn2424Posted 1/18/2013 3:10:30 AM
It would be better if games are available on physical media rather than digital distribution
#17triple sPosted 1/18/2013 3:20:34 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I've played for 30+ years, and I think people who think there was more diversity in previous gens are delusional.

Uh, last gen was far more diverse overall. There was also much more reasons to own more than one system.
---
#18zerooo0Posted 1/18/2013 3:29:27 AM
Gaming has never been better. Seriously just look how far we've came from in just a few generations. Gaming itself is still amazing.

It's the business practices that's shady, but that's to be understandable since they're looking for a profit.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#19vigorm0rtisPosted 1/18/2013 3:30:44 AM
triple s posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

Uh, last gen was far more diverse overall. There was also much more reasons to own more than one system.

How so? Maybe if you discount the existence of XBLA. I remember a buttload of hack-and-slash and second rate JRPGs. Sure, there were fewer exclusives, but the fewer exclusives the better, IMO. It encourages gamers to branch out without having to invest in more hardware. Suda51's games never made it to a western-made system last gen. Now they do.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#20triple sPosted 1/18/2013 4:27:48 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
triple s posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

How so? Maybe if you discount the existence of XBLA. I remember a buttload of hack-and-slash and second rate JRPGs. Sure, there were fewer exclusives, but the fewer exclusives the better, IMO. It encourages gamers to branch out without having to invest in more hardware. Suda51's games never made it to a western-made system last gen. Now they do.

I think a lot of XBLA games are throwaway(or re-released game from a previous gen), even though there's a great one from time to time. Platformers and JRPGs are two genres that have took a major hit this gen. Most of the best games were introduced from previous gens. I love shooters, but there are a ton of forgettable ones out there. It's really not anybody's fault as just times have changed I guess. There was just too many good series introduced last gen that hasn't really been matched this gen.
---