This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Live is way better than PSN

#41flame030191Posted 1/19/2013 2:01:25 AM
TheArcade posted...
all_that_juice posted...
I don't know what's going on here. Maybe it's my router, maybe it's my provider, but for me Live is terribly unstable and PSN is solid as a rock. Whatever the case, I personally am getting way, way more value out of PSN than Live especially considering I pay for Live whereas PSN is free.

Interesting when I play on my friends PS3 I get the following:

PSN

Street Fighter 4 *laggy
SSF4 *laggy
SSF2T HDR *laggy
MvC2 *laggy
KOF XII *decent
KOF XIII *laggy

Frequent disconnects and lag out the bung hole.

XBL

Street Fighter 4 *good
SSF4 *decent
SSF2T HDR *good
MvC2 *very good
KOF XII *laggy
KOF XIII *decent

Little or no disconnects, every thing is stable save for KOF XII but that game sucks. Wish I got the chance to try BB and GGX on PS3. I'm told the PSN NeoGeo games are more stable than Capcom. Samurai Showdown Sen and NGBC on 360 netcode is second to none, KOF 2002 is decent but could be better.

I play a lot of fighting games.

Set your router up better. PSN needs different ports open than XBL does. As soon as you have it set right, they play the exact same on almost all games.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#42SquareSidePosted 1/19/2013 2:18:38 AM
GOAT TC.
---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#43airfoemoePosted 1/19/2013 2:52:24 AM
It is but the cost is no longer justified.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#44mostcorruptPosted 1/19/2013 2:53:03 AM
Playstation+ gives you way more for your money than XBL. PSN goes down way too often though. Going on 2 days of "maintenance" as we speak.
#45RedFive3Posted 1/19/2013 3:00:11 AM(edited)
I have used both, and yes, Live smokes PSN. Sony fans that have never used Live are missing out, especially CoD Sony players.... DAMN!

BTW, I don't mind paying, Live is worth it.

EDIT: I could not imagine even playing CoD or BF on PSN, it would suck so bad... no party chat? Damn that would suck.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.