This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Video Game Generation did you start gaming in?

#71Infinite 2003Posted 1/18/2013 8:44:38 PM
3rd. Super Mario Bros./Duckhunt were my first games.
---
Go Habs Go!
#72CyhortI82Posted 1/18/2013 8:44:50 PM
I had an NES since before I started forming memories.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#73NewavePosted 1/18/2013 9:00:35 PM
I started in Generation 1 according to the normal generation system (as shown below)

Generation Alpha - Pong, Space Invaders, Pac-Man etc.
Generation Beta - lots of words like Coleco, Intelli and other crap-o-vision, C64, Amigas out the ***, other crap
(insert videogame crash rebooting entire industry here)
Generation 1 - Entertainment System, Master System etc.
Generation 2 - Super Nintendo, Mega Drive, PC Engine, Jaguar 64, Mega CD, 32 X etc.
Generation 3 - PlayStation, Saturn, Nintendo 64, 3DO etc.
Generation 4 - Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, Wii, PSP, 3DS etc.
Generation 5 - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Vita, Wii U etc.

however... by this polls weird generation system I seem to have magically started in generation 3... (srsly? dis gy up in hr srs fo relz?)
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#74tweetyweetyPosted 1/18/2013 9:08:03 PM
Newave posted...
however... by this polls weird generation system I seem to have magically started in generation 3... (srsly? dis gy up in hr srs fo relz?)

Where did you get your generation system from? The one in the poll is used on Wiikipedia AND here on GameFAQs.
#75jastenPosted 1/18/2013 9:20:59 PM
Intellivision... long live BURGER TIME!

Though the NES was the one that started grabbing my attention and the SNES the one that made me a core gamer :p
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#76ChromaticAngelPosted 1/18/2013 9:23:34 PM
Newave posted...
I started in Generation 1 according to the normal generation system (as shown below)

Generation Alpha - Pong, Space Invaders, Pac-Man etc.
Generation Beta - lots of words like Coleco, Intelli and other crap-o-vision, C64, Amigas out the ***, other crap
(insert videogame crash rebooting entire industry here)
Generation 1 - Entertainment System, Master System etc.
Generation 2 - Super Nintendo, Mega Drive, PC Engine, Jaguar 64, Mega CD, 32 X etc.
Generation 3 - PlayStation, Saturn, Nintendo 64, 3DO etc.
Generation 4 - Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, Wii, PSP, 3DS etc.
Generation 5 - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Vita, Wii U etc.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/systems.html
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#77murry_the_skullPosted 1/18/2013 9:24:43 PM
Born in the fourth gen, but started in the third gen.
---
PSN Name: XxSpartanGamerxX
http://psnprofiles.com/XxSpartanGamerxX
#78ConcordeBFVPosted 1/18/2013 9:43:27 PM(edited)
My first game was actually on PC (Xwing in MS DOS) in 1993. Fairly advanced game for someone who was 7 lol. That game along with all of the flight sims I've played have pretty much made me use inverted y-axis ever since. My first console game was Sonic 2 on the second version of Genesis I think.

---
"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today."-FDR
#79The_DespairPosted 1/18/2013 10:33:25 PM
Was 5 years old when I got my NES console!
#80blackhrtPosted 1/18/2013 10:52:08 PM
2nd generation. Which is the generation you really needed to start in. Generations after missed their chance to hone fundamental skills and generation 1 was all prototype stage stuff (you all don't actually think pitfall was the pinnacle do you?)
Anyone after Sega Saturn, MAY be able to claim "various genre" skill but there aren't many of those people.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."