This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Resident Evil 6 worth the $30

#11Arucard05Posted 1/18/2013 3:39:36 PM
If you liked RE5, there's probably worse ways to spend $30. But there's definitely better ways to spend $30.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#12shawnmckPosted 1/18/2013 3:52:37 PM(edited)
IMO, Yes, it is very much worth $30 bucks.

Most people way over-exaggerate how bad it is.
Its not perfect and does have its problems, but it is nowhere near as bad as some claim.

It has an extremely long campaign, a decent story, and plenty of action.
It just has little to no survival-horror elements that made RE series so great.
Like a previous poster mentioned...if it didn't have the RE name to it then it would have scored well and more people would like it more...but with the RE name attached to it people give it more hate than it really deserves.

So in that sense, its not much different than RE5.
It was a perfectly fine & fun game, but was nothing like RE4...so people hated it and bashed it.
#13VlayerPosted 1/18/2013 3:51:19 PM
Do you have a co-op partner to play with?

In that case, get it. There's a lot of content and it's a lot of crazy fun. Just don't take it seriously.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#14PsychoDrama1Posted 1/18/2013 3:53:31 PM
glassghost0 posted...
PsychoDrama1 posted...
Not even worth 10$ imo. I enjoyed 4 and 5 too, but this game is bad.

This is such a lie. As a Resident Evil game, aka Survival Horror, sure it's not good. But they aren't going for that anymore. As just a game, if you took Resident Evil out of the name, it's a really good game. A very good coop game, on par with Gears.

As a game, there isn't much wrong with it, good graphics, gameplay, mechanics. If this was released as a standalone game, under a different name, it would get 8-9's out of 10 easily.

Dude, are you crazy? I totally disagree with everything you said. The controls are CLUNKY. Almost as bad as the old RE games, but the camera angles are no longer cinematic. The guns feel and sound like plastic toys. I only played Leon's campaign and the Chris campaign, but both were a joke. The dialogue is somehow worse than previous RE's as well. "I ... Just killed...the.. president!" -Leon. The mechanics are terrible. Leon can do high kicks that knock zombies back 7 feet, but every zombie i run past trips me and locks me into a static animation? The only above average thing about the game is graphics, but they really aren't anything outstanding. I can't believe people like and defend this game. It plays like a 10$ game. Sorry. Glad you enjoy it though.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#15SwtorN00bPosted 1/18/2013 4:00:27 PM
No.
#16glassghost0Posted 1/18/2013 4:06:21 PM
PsychoDrama1 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
PsychoDrama1 posted...
Not even worth 10$ imo. I enjoyed 4 and 5 too, but this game is bad.

This is such a lie. As a Resident Evil game, aka Survival Horror, sure it's not good. But they aren't going for that anymore. As just a game, if you took Resident Evil out of the name, it's a really good game. A very good coop game, on par with Gears.

As a game, there isn't much wrong with it, good graphics, gameplay, mechanics. If this was released as a standalone game, under a different name, it would get 8-9's out of 10 easily.

Dude, are you crazy? I totally disagree with everything you said. The controls are CLUNKY. Almost as bad as the old RE games, but the camera angles are no longer cinematic. The guns feel and sound like plastic toys. I only played Leon's campaign and the Chris campaign, but both were a joke. The dialogue is somehow worse than previous RE's as well. "I ... Just killed...the.. president!" -Leon. The mechanics are terrible. Leon can do high kicks that knock zombies back 7 feet, but every zombie i run past trips me and locks me into a static animation? The only above average thing about the game is graphics, but they really aren't anything outstanding. I can't believe people like and defend this game. It plays like a 10$ game. Sorry. Glad you enjoy it though.

My only comeback to this is that you obviously haven't played that many games, and if you have, I'd hate to see what you value games that are really bad. If you think this game is BAD, I just don't understand. There's a difference between a BAD game and a game that YOU DON"T LIKE.

I'm not really even defending the game, I don't own it, I rented it and beat it with a friend, I had a very good time playing it with him and I don't really even care about RE, I've only beat the first game.
---
Signature OFF
#17Dark_SpiretPosted 1/18/2013 4:27:50 PM(edited)
PsychoDrama1 posted...
Outside of a couple mechanics HOW are the controls clunky? this isnt like youre standard gears of war where all you have are basic functions(cover, rolling, running, shooting, melee). this game has a lot more going on than most other shooters. being able to use cover(which is clunky), shooting, rolling, meleeing are one thing, but then you have access stuff like sliding, back diving, sliding and being able to plant c4, sliding into a 180 degree turn and then you have counter attack options, quickshot abilties ect. along with fast tablet making and being able ot target enemies for your partner. if anything this game is more akin to a brawler or fighting game when everything comes together than it is a standard shooter. with 13 buttons on a controller theres only so much you can simplify and i think for the most part they did a good job with what they did.

The weapon sounds and feel are perfectly fine. Go lok up past videos for weapons in RE4 and 5, there isnt much difference. Want to hear awful weapon sounds? go play Code Veronica. The reactions and feedback are also fine. the human enemies react liek they do with 4 and 5 and zombies react liek youd actually expect(and how they did in older RE's) that is to say there bullet sponges.

That specific dialog line is more of a case of bad writing than bad acting. outside of literally a few lines i cant think of many cases of genuinely bad VOICE ACTING. The writing however can be sketchy, but then thats RE and Capcom for you.

the tripping over bodies thing IS annoying and can be a legitimate complaint, but at the end of the day its only an issue in leons campaign which is like 1/4th of the game and even then is that as bad as something more serious such as the camera being taken away allowing for enemies to get a free hit? THAT is a serious issue with the game, tripping over the bodies is a nitpick and can be avoidable.
#18s2goodPosted 1/18/2013 4:32:06 PM
Landonio posted...
s2good posted...
Not really. Its not even a real RE game as ive found out.

As you've found out? Where have you been for like the past year?

Only just played it yesterday.
---
XBLIVE - Sonic B0000M NNID - Sonic_B0000M
PSN - Dragon--Punch STEAM - Sonic B0000M
#19thompsontalker7Posted 1/18/2013 4:58:40 PM
That's about a $1 an hour of gameplay, maybe more. Go for it TC
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!