This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some of your favorite games of 2012, that I should try?

#21PerfectZer0Posted 1/19/2013 7:20:22 PM
My favorite games of 2012....

Halo 4 (which you have)
Mushihimesama HD (you'll need a J-360 to play it)...Awesome game, love it =D
Dragon's Dogma
Asura's Wrath
Final Fantasy XIII-2
---
I'll be at my favorite space pub, drinking Strongbow, and playing Bullet Soul. ~Cheers to you awesome spaceship shooter!!~
#22RayzerTagPosted 1/19/2013 7:33:55 PM(edited)
Like others have said, play Spec Ops: the Line first.

For retail games, I recommend Asura's Wrath PLUS the Part IV: Nirvana DLC. It's a jawdropping game, and that DLC is nonnegatiable.

For XBLA*, I strongly recommend Fez. Trials Evolution, Spelunky and Dust: an Elysian Tail are also exquisite games, every single one of them belongs in the top 10 of 2012.

* seriously, why haven't you played any XBLA games this year? It's the Xbox's biggest selling point!
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#23Halochief6(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 8:02:32 PM
RayzerTag posted...
* seriously, why haven't you played any XBLA games this year? It's the Xbox's biggest selling point!

I never said I didn't play XBLA. I just didn't want any arcade suggestions. Besides I already have Minecraft and TWD. Two of the best arcade games of all time lol.
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#24RayzerTagPosted 1/20/2013 6:46:57 AM(edited)
Halochief6 posted...
RayzerTag posted...

I never said I didn't play XBLA. I just didn't want any arcade suggestions. Besides I already have Minecraft and TWD. Two of the best arcade games of all time lol.

That's correct, but Fez, Spelunky, Dust and Trials are still better games than almost all the retail games released this year (Far Cry 3 and XCOM were this year's only 'excellent' Xbox 360 retail games).

If you don't want XBLA suggestions, hey, it's your free time, but you should know you're missing out on the best games of 2012.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#25SunDevil77Posted 1/20/2013 6:35:12 AM
RayzerTag posted...
Halochief6 posted...
RayzerTag posted...

That's correct, but Fez, Spelunky, Dust and Trials are still significantly better games than almost all the retail games released this year (Far Cry 3 and XCOM were this year's only 'excellent' retail games).

If you don't want XBLA suggestions, hey, it's your free time, but you should know you're missing out on the best games of 2012.

I do say, Mr. Chief, we seem to have very similar tastes, and because of that, I can easily say that you'll love Dust: An Elysian Tale!
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#26cutegamebabePosted 1/20/2013 6:55:15 AM
Halochief6 posted...
Vlayer posted...
Dragon's Dogma

Game is much better than the demo BTW.

A friend of mine bought that. Kept telling me to get it. I'm undecided. I'm not against trying it.

I second the nomination. Dragon's Dogma is a quality game.
---
www.jefunhouse.com - Best video game podcast & blog!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/je-funhouse-we-are-what-you-play
#27Halochief6(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:17:25 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
I do say, Mr. Chief, we seem to have very similar tastes, and because of that, I can easily say that you'll love Dust: An Elysian Tale!

I don't care greatly for sidedcrollers anymore, but I played the trial anyway and I think I liked it. Or maybe I'm thinking of Trine 2... hmmmm. Either way I'll probably try it (again).
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986