This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Say you can have a game made...

#1WhiteBaitKentPosted 1/19/2013 5:23:08 PM
And that game had 4-5 more titles in the series,

-Would you want them to have a variety of genres (without straying too far from the original game)among them or would you want them to be the same type of game with obvious upgrades/tweaks as they're discovered/needed?

-Would you want the first game to be an RPG and have the 2nd or 3rd game maybe be an Action game? An Action game turned 2D fighter perhaps? 2D fighter turned FPB (First Person Brawler)?

-Have later additions in the series focus on another main character (FF7:DoC) or keep the original main character through out?

-A focus on gameplay or story or a nice balace inbetween? A 2D fighter with a deep story or a FPS with good gameplay (Hee hee just kidding, dont hit me!) :)

Let's hear your ideal game series!
---
Can't spell ignorant without "IGN"!!!
#2Zindry09Posted 1/19/2013 7:06:12 PM(edited)
iif it was all set from the beginning...i'd have the first game set up all the characters, setting, etc, a good conflict ensues and its left with a cliffhanger.... pretty much think mass effect 2 leading to 3... My second game would have an ultimate ending to the story that laid out.

Third game would be of the side story variety covering different areas etc during the time the story takes place. Almost suikoden 3 like, or imagine the movie cloverfield, from another perspective. That movie covered the tale of a few civilians escaping the event, now lets see a view from the military point of view.

It would all be RPGish, mix of action and story, with a lean toward story. It would'nt be as massive as skyrim in terms on content, but there will be side areas/quests/etc. pretty much like Dragon age overall.

That's the overall basics of a series i would create.

---
Xbox 360: Halo 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Ninja blade. PC: Guild wars 2, Baldurs gate:EE. N3DS:Kingdom hearts 3D, Lufia.
#3WhiteBaitKent(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:35:51 AM
Interesting, I have a thing for action RPG's, sounds like that'd be fun! Hmm, might have to give Dragon Age a go. Apparently the first one is better than the second?
---
#4CapwnDPosted 1/20/2013 12:58:08 AM
Last time somebody started thinking "what If I could make any game I wanted" a good man lost his fortune, the tax payers got shafted, and political douchebags did what they're best at (being douchebags).

get back in the f***ing box.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5WhiteBaitKent(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:04:13 AM
CaPwnD posted...
Last time somebody started thinking "what If I could make any game I wanted" a good man lost his fortune, the tax payers got shafted, and political douchebags did what they're best at (being douchebags).

Whoah, what?
---
#6CapwnDPosted 1/20/2013 1:10:48 AM(edited)
CaPwnD posted...

Whoah, what?

The last time somebody said "hmmm... I could make a game" it was Curt Schilling and the game was Kingdoms of Amalur. The game didn't sell as well as expected, Curt lost a lot of money, the tax payers of Rhode Island got screwed, and politicians will still benefit from it.

So get back in the box (no thinking outside the box) because you can't just think up a game and make it into existence.

Of course I say that tongue in cheek.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#7WhiteBaitKent(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:15:31 AM
Oh, ok. Well, this is just some hypothetical fun :)
---
#8Zindry09Posted 1/20/2013 10:50:50 PM
Dragon age origins is better than 2... the real problem i see with dragon age 2 is should NOT have been 2.... it should of just been a sidestory or something... Origins was pretty epic and very well done. good lore, lots of content and choices... 2, while faster paced, just did not match origins in terms of epic scale, characters and other tangibles....

i am making an rpg in rpgmaker vx ace... its pretty basic and i really dont plan on releasing it, just something to make and have fun with.
---
Xbox 360: Halo 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Ninja blade. PC: Guild wars 2, Baldurs gate:EE. N3DS:Kingdom hearts 3D, Lufia.