This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The father of this board, sir flamechamp, concedes. Mass effect 2 > ME1

#1bronze4v4proPosted 1/19/2013 10:06:06 PM
Make no mistake, I still am absolutely offended and quite honestly, hurt, that mass effect 2 got streamlined into a casual shooter with light rpg elements. That will never change. What they did to the Citadel in me2 compared to the huge vastness in part one was unforgivable.

But yes, I will finally admit, after 2+ years of denying it and after playing the games multiple times, I will concede that mass effect 2 is the better game.

Fanboys of mass effect 2 will say over and over, that me2 is "way more polished" and that is true, but its more polished because its a linear level based shooter. The "worlds" are just level-based missions with different backgrounds.

But forgetting that, the dialogue and characters are infinitely better than in me1. There isn't much interaction at all with the characters and the main story missions are just way too short and there is very little interaction.

Even though there really isn't a story in me2, you still have lots of dialogue and the illusive man and martin sheen really make the game what it is. Its sort of like how the dark knight is by far the best batman movie in the trilogy because the Joker "made" it awesome.
#2KneesockPosted 1/19/2013 10:13:12 PM
What's your thoughts on Kingdoms of Amalur?
#3Reel_Big_MikePosted 1/19/2013 10:51:44 PM
bronze4v4pro posted...
Make no mistake, I still am absolutely offended and quite honestly, hurt, that mass effect 2 got streamlined into a casual shooter with light rpg elements. That will never change. What they did to the Citadel in me2 compared to the huge vastness in part one was unforgivable.

But yes, I will finally admit, after 2+ years of denying it and after playing the games multiple times, I will concede that mass effect 2 is the better game.

Fanboys of mass effect 2 will say over and over, that me2 is "way more polished" and that is true, but its more polished because its a linear level based shooter. The "worlds" are just level-based missions with different backgrounds.

But forgetting that, the dialogue and characters are infinitely better than in me1. There isn't much interaction at all with the characters and the main story missions are just way too short and there is very little interaction.

Even though there really isn't a story in me2, you still have lots of dialogue and the illusive man and martin sheen really make the game what it is. Its sort of like how the dark knight is by far the best batman movie in the trilogy because the Joker "made" it awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0
#4ragnorok17Posted 1/19/2013 11:00:01 PM
Boobs
---
He spoke only the truth.
I survived the ApocalyPS3
#5PsychoDrama1Posted 1/19/2013 11:01:39 PM
Kneesock posted...
What's your thoughts on Kingdoms of Amalur?

We will never forget, Bronze.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#6Super CreaturesPosted 1/20/2013 2:48:39 PM
I've tried being nice to him, but he has never heeded my advice, so, he gets what he deserves.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#7JenniferTatePosted 1/20/2013 2:49:47 PM
ragnorok17 posted...
Boobs

They cost money.

http://i.imgur.com/88Wnr.png
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 1/20/2013 2:52:02 PM
ME1 is better in every way except cast. Every way.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#9Arucard05Posted 1/20/2013 2:53:33 PM
The people who say Mass Effect is better than Mass Effect 2 are the same type of people who say July is better than toast.

Figure that one out.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#10bluehat94Posted 1/20/2013 2:57:26 PM
Arucard05 posted...
The people who say Mass Effect is better than Mass Effect 2 are the same type of people who say July is better than toast.

Figure that one out.

42?
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."