This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MTU Error

#1ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/19/2013 11:26:41 PM
So before Winter Break, I never had any issues with connecting to XBL in my dorm. Now when I come back from break and try to connect, I'm getting an MTU error that prevents me from being able to get on XBL. I'm using a wireless adapter (just as I was in the past) and the light is green. The router shows up as having full signal strength, and the network test works fine. But when it comes to the "internet" part of the network configuration test it fails due to the MTU error. A few things:

- I'm using a different Xbox/XBL adapter than I was last semester when it was working...but I doubt this would make any difference.

- There are two networks available in my dorm: "UA Wireless" and "Console Gaming". Both work for computers/other devices. However, UA Wireless is the one giving me an MTU error. I can't even connect to the Console Gaming network at all (it doesn't even get past the first part of the connection test). Both networks show having full strength at 4 bars.

- There's no ethernet outlet anywhere in the dorm...so trying a wired connection isn't an option for me.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Should I try moving it around in the dorm to see if a different location works? Is the only thing I can do to go and talk to the network people in the dorm and see if they happen to know of anyway to fix it?
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#2ImTooSkilledd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 2:33:07 AM
bump
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#3RahzarXPosted 1/20/2013 2:42:06 AM
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/error-your-network-does-not-have-sufficient-mtu-setting-979104

If none of these solutions work, set your MTU to around 1500 on your router.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."