This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rated M Games

#11JGA1980Posted 1/20/2013 9:44:34 AM
Gore isn't the only reason that a game gets rated M in the US.

For example, Fable 2 is rated M in the US, but that's not because of gore or violence, but because it contains adult themes (e.g. sex, alcohol, homosexuality) and was actually rated suitable for 15 years olds in it's home country.

There are plenty of games on the 360 that aren't M rated and also some games that are M rated but don't contain a lot of gore and are considered suitable for younger people in other regions.

If you get a 360, you won't be forced to play only gory games and in fact, the games that get bundled with it are relatively gore-free and not M rated.

Forza 4 is a gore-free racing game deemed suitable for all, and Skyrim is another game that is suitable for 15 year olds in other regions but has earned a M rating because it has alcohol and sex references, the bloodshed in it is quite mild, the is gore conspicuous by it's absence and it's violence little more than breaking open a piņata.
#12XenobowPosted 1/20/2013 10:03:06 AM
I don't like gore, blood, sexual theme and most M-Rated games too, I love jrpgs and they are T-Rated usually.
It is your choice what to buy and what not to buy.
---
Lost Odyssey
#13TheBlueStigPosted 1/20/2013 11:21:35 AM
So a bunch of people that don't normally post on this board suddenly start posting about "gore and violence" in games....not too predictable is it ? ? ?

Take your marketing accounts and the violence trolling and stuff them back under the rock where they belong.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#14ILikesCheesePosted 1/20/2013 11:42:10 AM
PJ365 posted...
I am thinking about buying a xbox 360 slim. But I do not like rated M games. I do not like gore. Should I buy this console, I am not sure.

Really?

That's a bit like saying "I don't like soap operas. Should I buy a TV?"

OR

"I don't like hamburgers. Should I eat lunch today?"

Lame. Try harder.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?