This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like gore in games?

#1PJ365Posted 1/20/2013 9:49:13 AM
^Topic^ I am curios. - Results (100 votes)
Yes
82% (82 votes)
No
18% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I do not like gore.
#2CloakedNubPosted 1/20/2013 9:50:56 AM
Then don't buy games with gore?

BL2 suffered cosmetically from removing the gore that BL1 had. And almost everyone wants it back.
#3GorillaOnRoofPosted 1/20/2013 9:51:11 AM
Frank or Al?
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#4BlueJester007Posted 1/20/2013 9:53:38 AM(edited)
What kind of gore are we talking about here?

The exaggerated gore in God of War or the slightly graphic chop-zombies-in-half gore in Dead Rising?

By the way, what in the hell is curios? Is that some sort of cereal?
---
Look, if you want me to go take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I can. I got spare time.
#5RayzerTagPosted 1/20/2013 9:53:24 AM
I'm indifferent.

There are games that use gore awesomely (No More Heroes) as well at games that use gore to make me feel 12 (Gears of War).
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#6Dragon NexusPosted 1/20/2013 9:54:23 AM
This is a strenge question. It's not like it's something I deliberately look for. Like "Hm, I fancy playing something with lots of blood and dismemberment today..."
But conversly it's not something I shy away from either. If it's there it's there, if not, whatever.

I suppose I'm more concerned with whether the gore fits the tone. The carving up of bodies with a chainsaw in GoW fits. Doing something similar in a final fantasy game would not.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#7Luthor_Posted 1/20/2013 9:56:35 AM
I couldn't care less. I don't consider the level of gore in a game at all when I'm buying it.
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#8TravarkothPosted 1/20/2013 9:59:35 AM
I agree with Dragon, this is indeed a strange question.

As long as it's not exaggerated, I don't mind it in the games I play - I suppose, but it's not something I specifically look for.
---
"Please stop being human. "
--- 343 Guilty Spark ---
#9Deathx113Posted 1/20/2013 10:01:19 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
What kind of gore are we talking about here?

The exaggerated gore in God of War or the slightly graphic chop-zombies-in-half gore in Dead Rising?

By the way, what in the hell is curios? Is that some sort of cereal?

You know, curios, the cheerios for children who are also a little bit curious. ;)
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#10JGA1980Posted 1/20/2013 10:11:33 AM
I don't dislike gore in games and it doesn't turn me off them, but also the lack of any gore in games which logically should have gore doesn't hamper my enjoyment of them.

Case in point, the Dynasty Warriors games, which have been a favourite of mine ever since the turn of the century (DW2 in 2000), those games could have buckets of blood with the amount of dudes you attack with swords, spears and other weapons, but there isn't a single drop shed, nor do you really kill anyone (your score is in KO's not kills), yet I haven't really noticed the lack of gore or felt the game needed it.

Besides, I find that subtle, realistic bloodshed and gore is more visceral that over the top, buckets of blood and gibbed body parts you get with stylised violence.

For example, I find the smaller smears of blood and dented bodywork left on your car by a pedestrian in GTA IV, or the solitary blood splat around someone's head after you push them down some stairs or off a ledge, I find that subtle and appropriate use of gore to be a lot more powerful and visceral than the kind of deaths you may cause in Fallout 3.