This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever gone to a midnight release for a Video Game?

#1TravarkothPosted 1/20/2013 10:38:29 AM
Have you ever gone to a midnight release for a Video Game? - Results (302 votes)
Yes, I've gone many times.
22.52% (68 votes)
Yes, but only only a once, or a few times.
46.03% (139 votes)
No, I've never gone to a midnight release for a Video Game.
31.46% (95 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Kinda curious just how many of you have gone to one.

I never have. Even on some of my most anticipated games (anybody remember Halo 3's anticipation?).
---
"Please stop being human. "
--- 343 Guilty Spark ---
#2JGA1980Posted 1/20/2013 10:50:09 AM
No, it's not really something I would be interested in, since when I pre-order a game, I get it delivered to my doorstep a day or two before the midnight release.
#3BlueJester007Posted 1/20/2013 10:52:16 AM
I went to one: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

...I never want to go to another one ever.
---
Look, if you want me to go take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I can. I got spare time.
#4BlueJester007Posted 1/20/2013 10:52:17 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5thehitman47Posted 1/20/2013 10:53:00 AM
No, it's not really something I would be interested in, since when I pre-order a game, I get it delivered to my doorstep a day or two before the midnight release.

No you don't.

And I don't go to midnight releases because I really have no desire to haul my lazy, high ass to a long ass line to get a game. If I really want a game I'll pre order it then pick it up the day it releases.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - The Assassin 47
PSN - TheHitman47
#6deathrow93Posted 1/20/2013 10:53:00 AM
I went to 1 or 2 in high school. Now that I'm in college, I try to go to any for the games I buy since I don't have to worry about getting up early for class. It's a fun time to be had. You should try to go to at least one.
#7FungumPosted 1/20/2013 10:54:08 AM
Went to Walmart for D3.
#8JGA1980Posted 1/20/2013 11:54:44 AM
thehitman47 posted...

No you don't.

Yes I do.

When I preorder a game, in order for it to be in my possession on the release day, it is shipped to me a few days before the release day, which means I invariably receive it a day or two before the street date in my morning post, which in turn renders attending a midnight release at a shop to pick it up on the very first minutes of the official release date pointless, as I would already have it by that time.

This probably also explains why midnight releases are uncommon in my country, as for the most part they're unnecessary.

However, with PC games that require activation on Steam, there have been a few occasions when I've had to wait until midnight on the official release date to install the game, despite having it in my possession for a few days.
#9KillaBeAtPosted 1/20/2013 11:55:31 AM
It can be a cool atmosphere (or a HORRIBLE atmosphere, depending on the game). I prefer going to midnight releases of movies though. I've been to one CoD, and stopped at the one for GoW 3 when I was getting out of a movie theater at like 12:10, but I don't know if that really counts.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#10Stray_ZeroPosted 1/20/2013 12:01:11 PM
A couple, nothing much too interesting, and that's pretty much it.
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)