This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps in a Video Game?

#131temgunPosted 1/21/2013 6:28:23 AM
RayzerTag posted...
temgun posted...
RayzerTag posted...
Nope. I have perfect eyesight, but I notice no difference between 720p at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps while playing. I can see the difference if I look closely, but I don't do that while I'm playing.

Well first of all, nothing runs at 1080p on 360, so obviously there isn't any difference. Almost everything runs at 30 fps on consoles, so you're just assuming you can't tell the difference because you haven't seen many (or any) games running at 60fps.

I have a gaming PC.

Then I'm even more baffled.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#132RayzerTagPosted 1/21/2013 6:34:38 AM(edited)
temgun posted...
RayzerTag posted...
temgun posted...
RayzerTag posted...
Nope. I have perfect eyesight, but I notice no difference between 720p at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps while playing. I can see the difference if I look closely, but I don't do that while I'm playing.

Well first of all, nothing runs at 1080p on 360, so obviously there isn't any difference. Almost everything runs at 30 fps on consoles, so you're just assuming you can't tell the difference because you haven't seen many (or any) games running at 60fps.

I have a gaming PC.

Then I'm even more baffled.

Not everyone percieves things the same as you do.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#133pothocketPosted 1/21/2013 6:37:03 AM
This entire topic needs to educate itself on the human eye, brain, and frame rates.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#134DuwstaiPosted 1/21/2013 7:12:11 AM
This entire topic needs to educate itself on the human eye, brain, and frame rates.

Elaborate on the point you are trying to convey with this statement.

Because if its the old "the human brain cant distinguish over 30 FPS" or whatever this has been proven false over and over.
---
balls
#135Darkside_ShadowPosted 1/21/2013 7:13:46 AM
People who do NOT notice the difference should not consider becoming pilots. Or procreate for that matter.
#136pothocketPosted 1/21/2013 7:17:36 AM
Duwstai posted...

Elaborate on the point you are trying to convey with this statement.

Because if its the old "the human brain cant distinguish over 30 FPS" or whatever this has been proven false over and over.

No, I agree. 60 FPS looks silky smooth because it's faster than the eye and brain can process. At 30 FPS, although smooth, there is a very noticeable difference when comparing to 60 FPS.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#137Kazuya_80Posted 1/21/2013 7:22:27 AM(edited)
@ SythisTaru

Triple Buffer causes input lag.
#138oasisbeyondPosted 1/21/2013 7:31:23 AM
This is what you do...
Go play NHl 13..
Go play NHL 07... You're brain will be so messed up, it's almost like a drug lol.

I remember doing this back in the day with my cousin but it was NHL 08 and then 07.
One ran at 60, the older one was had 30, it's so bad. It almost felt like I was really drunk or something. It's a good way to see the difference because the games kinda look the same.

Kinda like the old day when 1998 ran like butter and 99 was a choppy mess, what a let down. Man, I'm getting old lmao.
#139_OujiDoza_Posted 1/21/2013 7:34:29 AM
I can't tell the difference, and I have pretty solid vision.
---
U CAN MAKE FUN OF ME BEING AN EAGLES FAN BUT I HAVE A BETTER LIFE THAN YOU A GF WHO LOVES ME
http://i.imgur.com/9XBfO.jpg (DC wat u think)
#140_OujiDoza_Posted 1/21/2013 7:35:39 AM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
People who do NOT notice the difference should not consider becoming pilots. Or procreate for that matter.

You shouldn't procreate either way...but I somehow feel you are already a magnificent foreveralone anyway, so...
---
U CAN MAKE FUN OF ME BEING AN EAGLES FAN BUT I HAVE A BETTER LIFE THAN YOU A GF WHO LOVES ME
http://i.imgur.com/9XBfO.jpg (DC wat u think)