This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps in a Video Game?

#161pOtEmKiN_1914Posted 1/22/2013 3:39:21 PM
Travarkoth posted...
Just curious, some people say they can clearly tell the difference whereas others say they can't tell the difference.

I wish all games were clock at 60fps. That way I won't have to keep updating my graphic card every two years.
---
You're either The New NEXUS or you're against Us
#162triple sPosted 1/22/2013 3:52:37 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
When things are extra smooth it's 60...when things are regular they don't look extra smooth...

I played need for speed then switched over to Forza 4...night and day...

COD and any other shooter night and day

my probalem is why do people make it out to be such a big deal....in cod it feels like I'm gliding flying around BF3 I feel like I am running around

You can't compare to completely different engines. CoD is a faster paced game than BF3. Unreal Tournament 3 is 30fps on the 360 but I'm sure it feels like you're gliding compared to BF3 as well. If anything, compare BF3 on the 360 to BF3 on the PC. Technically, you are not moving any faster going from 30fps to 60fps if you are playing the same game but it appears much smoother and it is actually more responsive. This is the very reason why you will never see a top of the line fighting game played less than 60fps.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#163KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/22/2013 3:58:28 PM
I didn't think I did, then I bought a gaming PC... The difference is big IMO.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#164Runner_stylePosted 1/22/2013 3:58:32 PM
A long time ago I had a really crappy pc that would barely run any games regardless I would "soldier on" and play them (I'm talking an average of 5-9 fps) thanks to that experience I can say when it comes to 30-60 fps I notice it, but I just don't care.
---
Some idiots on GFaqs need to learn the difference between trolling, and a different opinion. If you're offended by this sig, you're one of those idiots.