This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps in a Video Game?

#31triple sPosted 1/20/2013 2:57:47 PM
I guarantee CoD wouldn't have the popularity if it played at 30fps. Again, certain games work fine with 30fps but CoD would feel like a different game at 30fps.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#32vgsrulePosted 1/20/2013 3:00:42 PM
I don't see how you can possibly not notice it.

It's one thing to not care, but it looks completely different. It's not like it's a minor upgrade.

Consistent 60 FPS is actually my most wanted improvement on the new consoles.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#33triple sPosted 1/20/2013 3:05:49 PM
vgsrule posted...
I don't see how you can possibly not notice it.

It's one thing to not care, but it looks completely different. It's not like it's a minor upgrade.

Consistent 60 FPS is actually my most wanted improvement on the new consoles.

It would at least be nice for them to have the option with some of the more demanding games. Lets say something like Gears of War 4 would have 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps would be nice. While less demanding games could still be 1080p/60fps.
---
#34Arucard05Posted 1/20/2013 3:07:28 PM
Arucard05 posted...
I can tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps. It's more accurate to say I don't care about the difference. Just keep it consistent.

Well then why are you even in this topic? Lol

To answer the question.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#35triple sPosted 1/20/2013 3:08:26 PM
RayzerTag posted...
triple s posted...
RayzerTag posted...
Nope. I have perfect eyesight, but I notice no difference between 720p at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps while playing. I can see the difference if I look closely, but I don't do that while I'm playing.

You don't have perfect eyesight.

I can assure you I do. I just don't pay attention to graphics.

That's like saying your ugly girlfriend looks just as beautiful as some of the hottest girls out there. You have to look real closely to tell the difference. You just don't pay attention to looks....
---
#36Kyle1022Posted 1/20/2013 3:09:04 PM
SoF-Rambo posted...
It doesn't help that CoD looks like ass compared to Far Cry.

And I have glasses. I don't see a framerate difference, but then again, I don't sit an inch away from my TV.

Your first point is debatable and even if true, irrelevant.

I don't sit an inch away from my tv, either.

Also, I agree with whoever said that CoD wouldn't be as popular if it wasn't 60 fps. Regardless of your opinion on the series it's much smoother than Halo, MoH, etc. because of the 60 fps. It boggles my mind how people can't tell the difference. Maybe there's something wrong with your brain. In any case, I envy you. I wish I was that blissful when it came to frames per second.
#37triple sPosted 1/20/2013 3:09:57 PM
ukokira1 posted...
Its the reason I have Sonic Generations on PC instead of PS360.

Lol, it's the reason I have just about any game on the PC over the console version. Generations looks like a next gen console in comparison though.
---
#38Perfect LightPosted 1/20/2013 3:12:02 PM
I notice, I just don't care.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#39RayzerTagPosted 1/20/2013 3:19:07 PM(edited)
triple s posted...
RayzerTag posted...
triple s posted...
RayzerTag posted...
Nope. I have perfect eyesight, but I notice no difference between 720p at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps while playing. I can see the difference if I look closely, but I don't do that while I'm playing.

You don't have perfect eyesight.

I can assure you I do. I just don't pay attention to graphics.

That's like saying your ugly girlfriend looks just as beautiful as some of the hottest girls out there. You have to look real closely to tell the difference. You just don't pay attention to looks....

Let me put it this way:

If I'm playing a game, I don't conciously process if it runs in 60fps or not. If you would flip a switch that would change the game from 60 to 30 fps or the other way round, I probably wouldn't notice.

If someone were to ask, 'hey, is this 30 or 60fps', I would be able to tell them in less than a second.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#40Link43130Posted 1/20/2013 3:18:47 PM
http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130