This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps in a Video Game?

#41Auron772Posted 1/20/2013 3:19:59 PM
I can see the difference but it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is a stable framerate.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#42triple sPosted 1/20/2013 3:21:30 PM
RayzerTag posted...
triple s posted...
RayzerTag posted...
triple s posted...
RayzerTag posted...
Nope. I have perfect eyesight, but I notice no difference between 720p at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps while playing. I can see the difference if I look closely, but I don't do that while I'm playing.

You don't have perfect eyesight.

I can assure you I do. I just don't pay attention to graphics.

That's like saying your ugly girlfriend looks just as beautiful as some of the hottest girls out there. You have to look real closely to tell the difference. You just don't pay attention to looks....

Let me put it this way:

If I'm playing a game, I don't conciously process if it runs in 60fps or not. If you would flip a switch that would change the game from 60 to 30 fps or the other way round, I probably wouldn't notice.

If someone were to ask, 'hey, is this 30 or 60fps', I would be able to tell them in less than a second.

If you flipped a switch, you would easily be able to tell the difference. Especially going from 60fps to 30fps. I posted a video that shows the difference between the two and even if you don't care about the difference, there is a huge difference.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#43randomweirdoPosted 1/20/2013 3:22:39 PM
I really think it may depend on the game if you notice or not. Games that require a lot more precision in action will be more noticeable. Something more like a turn based RPG it wouldn't really make a difference.

I honestly don't notice the difference, because the games I play don't really need it so much.
#44triple sPosted 1/20/2013 3:24:42 PM
randomweirdo posted...
I really think it may depend on the game if you notice or not. Games that require a lot more precision in action will be more noticeable. Something more like a turn based RPG it wouldn't really make a difference.

I honestly don't notice the difference, because the games I play don't really need it so much.

I will admit, you are correct that it doesn't make much of a difference from a gameplay perspective on something like a turn based RPG.
---
#45Samp98518Posted 1/20/2013 3:31:56 PM
I see no difference between them, unless I go from 60 to 30, or 30 to 60 right away. I would rather have a smooth 30 than a choppy 60.
---
"My plan was perfect. But there was one thing I overlooked, one factor I failed to calculate.
He's a dumbass. And there's no accounting for dumbassness.
#46RayzerTagPosted 1/20/2013 3:32:16 PM
triple s posted...
snip

Like I said, I can see the difference if I concentrate on it. But if you tasked me with 'hey, go punch up those dudes', I would quickly forget that I was playing in 30fps instead of 60.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#47triple sPosted 1/20/2013 3:35:12 PM
Samp98518 posted...
I see no difference between them, unless I go from 60 to 30, or 30 to 60 right away. I would rather have a smooth 30 than a choppy 60.

Curious on what games runs at a choppy 60fps? As I've heard this before but I don't know what games could be considered choppy. 60fps with an occasional drop is still overall much smoother than a consistent 30fps.
---
#48NovaCloud084Posted 1/20/2013 3:35:28 PM
ya that playing CoD looks like a soap opera,. While playing Battlefield 3 feels normal.
#49triple sPosted 1/20/2013 3:40:02 PM
NovaCloud084 posted...
ya that playing CoD looks like a soap opera,. While playing Battlefield 3 feels normal.

By normal, you mean choppier?
---
#50ILikesCheesePosted 1/20/2013 3:47:09 PM
Travarkoth posted...
Do you notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps in a Video Game?

More to the point....have YOU noticed that this topic already exists in 10,247 other posts across GameFAQS alone?

Thanks for contributing to the web clutter. Awesome,
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?