This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps in a Video Game?

#61triple sPosted 1/20/2013 4:03:35 PM
NovaCloud084 posted...
triple s posted...
I'll have to sum up the people that don't care to this, you most likely don't have the option to play in 60fps. I'm seriously not trying to knock anyone for not having a gaming PC that is capable of this because I know not everyone has the funds or are happy with just having a 360. I honestly feel if you had the choice and where to get a game based off a demo released for both the 360 and PC with the 360 being played at 30fps and the PC version being played at 60fps, 99% of people would choose the version with the higher framerate. This includes having an option to play with a 360 controller and on the same TV. I'm not trying to make this PC vs 360, but once you start play games at 60fps more often, you start caring much more.

NERD

I'll be the first to tell you I can be a nerd, but I still get ***** so I don't give a ****.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#62PrinceOfHotPosted 1/20/2013 4:04:22 PM
Some games play better in 30fps some better in 60fps. That said some games cause motion sickness in 60fps. Choose wisely.
#63triple sPosted 1/20/2013 4:05:13 PM
PrinceOfHot posted...
Some games play better in 30fps some better in 60fps. That said some games cause motion sickness in 60fps. Choose wisely.

Like?
---
#64RayzerTagPosted 1/20/2013 4:11:30 PM(edited)
triple s posted...
I'll have to sum up the people that don't care to this, you most likely don't have the option to play in 60fps. I'm seriously not trying to knock anyone for not having a gaming PC that is capable of this because I know not everyone has the funds or are happy with just having a 360. I honestly feel if you had the choice and where to get a game based off a demo released for both the 360 and PC with the 360 being played at 30fps and the PC version being played at 60fps, 99% of people would choose the version with the higher framerate. This includes having an option to play with a 360 controller and on the same TV. I'm not trying to make this PC vs 360, but once you start play games at 60fps more often, you start caring much more.

I disagree. I played a ton of Burnout Paradise on the 360 lately, and then went on to play Blur without it ever occuring to me I switched from 60 to 30fps.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#65Silent Sniper IVPosted 1/20/2013 4:15:41 PM
RayzerTag posted...
triple s posted...
I disagree. I played a ton of Burnout Paradise on the 360 lately, and then went on to play Blur without it ever occuring to me I switched from 60 to 30fps.

Comparing two separate games is kind of pointless since you're only ever used to playing them in one mode. Ever played BF3 on PC and then gone back to the console version? it's quite distinguishable when you're used to playing a game at 60fps and see it drop to 30
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#66Kromlech06Posted 1/20/2013 4:19:22 PM
Like anybody who has played dark souls on PC at 30 FPS and then threw on the mod to bump it to 60 fps, I can EASILY notice a difference.

But 30fps is not a reason to scoff at something outright.
#67Chosen_one_41Posted 1/20/2013 4:20:12 PM
I have Dark Souls for the PC and by default it's 30fps, I recently got a mod that enables 60fps. I tried it with that option off and then with it on and wow is there ever a diffrence
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
If Friendship is Magic, does that mean Magic is Friendship?
#68triple sPosted 1/20/2013 4:20:35 PM
RayzerTag posted...
triple s posted...

Why do I even bother. Blur most certainly isn't as smooth as Burnout Paradise and this is coming from someone who loves Blur. I went from the 30fps 360 version to playing it at 60fps on the PC version and the difference was drastic.
---
#69RayzerTagPosted 1/20/2013 4:22:32 PM
triple s posted...
RayzerTag posted...
triple s posted...

Why do I even bother. Blur most certainly isn't as smooth as Burnout Paradise and this is coming from someone who loves Blur. I went from the 30fps 360 version to playing it at 60fps on the PC version and the difference was drastic.

I'd say it most certainly is. And both of our statements would be incorrect since it's a matter of perception, so we will have to agree to disagree here.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#70Deathx113Posted 1/20/2013 4:33:45 PM
I don't know how people can tell the difference, I go from playing Halo to CoD and CoD feels so much more clunky/cluttered compared to Halo, which feels much more fluid.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"