This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps in a Video Game?

#81RE4_StrangerPosted 1/20/2013 6:17:47 PM
It is especially noticeable when playing fps. But yeah noticeable none the less. Certain genres benefit from it way more then others. For example little big planet on PS3 would be an example of a game that doesn't benefit from it as much versus a game like Halo that would benefit from it greatly.
---
Feel free to add me if we play something in common
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Fus Ro Dah Eh
#82triple sPosted 1/20/2013 6:18:07 PM
30fps puts people in the mood? LMAO...wow, some of the **** I hear. If visual quality in console had no impact on framerate, no developers would choose 30fps over 60fps.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#83RE4_StrangerPosted 1/20/2013 6:21:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#84VeladusPosted 1/20/2013 6:28:02 PM
I can't even tell the difference when I'm playing a PC game at like 15 framerate.

Yeah, my eyes suck.
#85triple sPosted 1/20/2013 6:29:31 PM
It would still benefit just not as huge as Halo 4(which I would love to see on PC)
---
#86RayzerTagPosted 1/20/2013 6:30:50 PM
SwtorN00b posted...
Let's end this topic now, Yes you can hook up your controller to your pc, Yes the human eye can see up to 60 fps and beyond, Yes Pc games have better graphics, Yes you can hook up your pc to your tv with little to no hassle, Yes All these things are true and only console peasants would consider them rumors. Please people get over yourselves.

The things you mentioned are true, but none of them end the topic. This topic is about wether people notice 30fps or not.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#87AtalalamaPosted 1/20/2013 6:33:10 PM
Travarkoth posted...
Just curious, some people say they can clearly tell the difference whereas others say they can't tell the difference.

Clearly. 60 FPS is silky smooth, whereas 30 FPS still looks okay...but not nearly as good.

Just google Battle Arena Tohshinden 3 & see what I mean. The game had both a 30 & 60 FPS mode.
#88DuwstaiPosted 1/20/2013 6:40:20 PM(edited)
I think its a matter of just being generally oblivious.

My cousin doesnt even notice frame rate drops to the low teens or even lower. Like halo 4 split screen multiplayer online. Where it becomes impossible to aim because its so sluggish and all over the place. Its unplayable, but he couldnt understand why I didnt want to play it or what I was even talking about.

My handed my other cousin (the younger brother) the controller... a kid who hasnt played video games for a good 5 years. And he immediately threw down the controller in disgust. He noticed it immediately.

Then you see something at a smooth 60 FPS and its like night and day.

I think the people who cant tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS are just a less severe version of that.
---
balls
#89TGAkumaPosted 1/20/2013 6:56:27 PM
Difference is huge but I feel bad for the people here who need 60 fps. It doesnt take long for my eyes to adjust from 60 back down to 30 fps. Sucks to be them.
#90triple sPosted 1/20/2013 6:59:09 PM
TGAkuma posted...
Difference is huge but I feel bad for the people here who need 60 fps. It doesnt take long for my eyes to adjust from 60 back down to 30 fps. Sucks to be them.

I can adjust as well. It didn't ruin my enjoyment of Halo 4 one bit...however, I can't play racing games at 30fps anymore. I just can't. I would of loved Forza Horizon if it wasn't for this. 30fps on racing games is **** to me.
---