This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Xbox 360s with older firmwares worth a lot?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are Xbox 360s with older firmwares worth a lot?
2 years ago#11
Yep. 9199 aka the old blade style dashboard. you could always update the dashboard and do some magic soldering.
2 years ago#12
Maybe they want the old firmware with the blades for that retro feel.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
2 years ago#13
spacejamjordanz posted...

I wonder that too. I love the blades.
---
I had fun once, it was horrible.
2 years ago#14
I still have a sealed launch 360 in storage that I've never once looked at since I got it as a present. Kept it incase any of my other 2 (elite and slim) die.

If its worth more though as a system with the blades UI then I might just sell it.
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth / Steam : Jenova19848 / WiiU ID : ???
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ram / Gtx 560 / 1tb hdd / win 7 home 64bit
2 years ago#15
Lozh900 posted...
I still have a sealed launch 360 in storage that I've never once looked at since I got it as a present. Kept it incase any of my other 2 (elite and slim) die.

If its worth more though as a system with the blades UI then I might just sell it.

This whole post is stupid.
2 years ago#16
staticxtreme5 posted...
Lozh900 posted...

How so? Every Xbox 360 I own is a present from someone or another. Why would I need to sell the spare I have in the attic unless it was of any real value. I work, make plenty of spare cash so unless its worth more I may as well hold on to it until a console dies and just use it as a replacement.

Why sell it for a knocked down price and the. When one if my current 2 break go out and buy another at more than what I sold the back up one for?
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth / Steam : Jenova19848 / WiiU ID : ???
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ram / Gtx 560 / 1tb hdd / win 7 home 64bit
2 years ago#17
Lozh900 posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...
Lozh900 posted...

How so? Every Xbox 360 I own is a present from someone or another. Why would I need to sell the spare I have in the attic unless it was of any real value. I work, make plenty of spare cash so unless its worth more I may as well hold on to it until a console dies and just use it as a replacement.

Why sell it for a knocked down price and the. When one if my current 2 break go out and buy another at more than what I sold the back up one for?

I think hes referring to the fact that you think a launch 360 will be of "any real value", especially with the 720 just round the corner.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
2 years ago#18
You can sell a older firmware 360 for a decent amount. On certain forum's I've seen them go for over $200 with no hard drive or anything. Once they are "customized" I've seem them sell for $500+. As long as the dash is 7371 or below you have a pretty valuable Xbox if you take it to the right places.
2 years ago#19
NightDrifter05 posted...
You can sell a older firmware 360 for a decent amount. On certain forum's I've seen them go for over $200 with no hard drive or anything. Once they are "customized" I've seem them sell for $500+. As long as the dash is 7371 or below you have a pretty valuable Xbox if you take it to the right places.

Not anymore. All can be "customized" now. Making older consoles worth whatever you can get someone to pay you.

People want reliable consoles for those "customizations". Not something that's on death watch.
---
You gotta pay the troll toll
2 years ago#20
spacejamjordanz posted...

*sees yur sig*
Go home and be a family man!
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are Xbox 360s with older firmwares worth a lot?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived