This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys recommend The Walking Dead? (The show)

#1oJoRdAn23oPosted 1/21/2013 2:21:43 AM
I really like Breaking Bad, and wanted to start another show. It's between The Walking dead and Prison Break, but what do you guys think?
---
Playing- Halo 4, ME3, NBA 2k13, Gears of War 3, BO2
#2f0rcaPosted 1/21/2013 2:32:46 AM(edited)
Haven't seen BB or PB, but the Walking Dead is terrific. I got so much of my family and friends to watch it and they've been hooked ever since.
---
GT: PREV4IL
#3Walkman_005Posted 1/21/2013 2:30:28 AM
Imma go ahead and suggest Spartacus before the you start the WD.

Both are great shows though.
#4oJoRdAn23o(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 2:38:04 AM
f0rca posted...
Haven't seen BB or PB, but the Walking Dead is terrific. I got so much of my family and friends to watch it and they've been hooked ever since.

Haha I'm gonna start watching. You need to watch BB though, amazing show.
---
Playing- Halo 4, ME3, NBA 2k13, Gears of War 3, BO2
#5The_Dark_Slay3rPosted 1/21/2013 2:38:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6DuwstaiPosted 1/21/2013 2:56:23 AM
Neither of those shows are anywhere near Breaking Bad.

The writing is really messy, and it can get really ridiculous.

But its extremely entertaining. I really liked both shows. I recommend the walking dead more, though s1 and 2 of prison break were great. 3 sucked, 4 was just completely ridiculous. But fun.
---
balls
#7VlayerPosted 1/21/2013 3:36:06 AM
Breaking Bad is miles above TWD, that's certain.

If you want to watch TWD, expect a lot of meh with some good.
Outside of the Pilot, Season 1 is meh, first-half of Season 2 is slow with lackluster payoff, second-half is good and Season 3 is good.

I'd recommend the TWD episodic game instead, much better plot and characters.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#8IonizerPosted 1/21/2013 3:41:42 AM
The Walking Dead show is fantastic, but remember not to be upset when it contradicts the comics (if you're a fan of them), because the writers do it on purpose to keep it fresh. Also, the first half of season two is fairly slow, but it should be more manageable if you watch it all at once or in a couple large chunks instead of week to week, like we had to when it first premiered. Season 1, the second half of Season 2 and Season 3 so far is all good. Be warned that the second half of Season 3 premieres February 10, so you only a have a couple weeks to get caught up if you want to start watching the premieres.
---
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/Ionizer_1/squirrel.jpg
Carrier of Squirrel Flu
#9DuwstaiPosted 1/21/2013 3:46:22 AM
Its better to watch tv shows in marathon style, rather than week to week IMO at least.

Might want to watch prison break first, so you can wait for the second half of walking dead season 3 to finish before starting the series. That way you can just go through all of it at your own pace. Not having to wait a week for each episode, possibly having to sit through the ridiculous amount of commercials, etc.
---
balls
#10AustintheClericPosted 1/21/2013 4:16:30 AM
It's a great show. Worth watching if you are OK with zombies.