This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon Age 3 is still on track for 2013 >>>

#1whatnow12012Posted 1/21/2013 9:50:10 AM
For those that are still insterested or curious about DA 3 or just wanna know about it I done some more digging on DA 3.

One of the lead Guys who is over DA 3 said via twitter that the IGN.com article wasnt the real deal about DA 3 going completely next gen and said that wasnt the real deal about that article.

Said something about DA 3 has been in the works for almost 18 months or something like that & said DA 3 is one the longest games they have had in development.

So that means DA 3 was in the works while they were working on DA 2 so evidently they made 2 games around the same time.

Also he said that DA 3 is still on track & still would be out Late 2013 which is holiday 2013 which has been the date of DA 3 all along.

Like I said before about the IGN deal it was crap also why would Bioware skip current gen when they told us fans to keep the saves from the previous 2 games. Also this should had been a clear sign to most that DA 3 is a current gen game.

Also I been on a couple of sites that still show DA 3 listed for PS3 & 360 but for some odd reason they dont show DA 3 listed for the PC Version of the game.

They all say either TBD 2013 then some say TBD Q4 2013 also they showed Dark Souls 2 but it does like Gamestop games do when they have no solid date, in this case they are known as a place holder date and they always say 12-31-12 such as Dark Souls 2 does.

Some of the sites I go to seem to have a better track record on Gaming releases also they have South Park & Metro Last Light Releases also with South Park hitting this Spring.

Also Final Fantasy 13-3 Is coming out in May not Winter-Time or Fall like many suggest it will.

So still cool to know I dont have to upgrade to Next-gen just yet and I can still play & import my other DAs into 3 so cool deal cant wait to see how Skyrim influenced DA 3.

So if you people wannna make your final saves to put into DA 3 you have alot of time as DA 3 isnt coming maybe until October or November would be my best guess.

Cool I can play all these new Games for now such as Bioshock, MGS and Ni No Kuni.

Then during the middle of the year I can play Tales of Xillia for my PS3, Remember ME on my 360 and Soul Hackers on my 3DS.

Then closing out my year will be WWE 14, Dragon Age 3 and I hope Star Wars 1313.

Still cool to know DA 3 is still on track also Frostbite is Current Gen not next-gen that should have been another flag showing it is a current-gen game.
#2Arucard05Posted 1/21/2013 9:51:36 AM
About the only thing that would make me excited for the game would be it being a next gen release.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#3pothocketPosted 1/21/2013 9:53:20 AM
I tried playing the first one but it was, you know, awful.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4656stoogePosted 1/21/2013 9:57:13 AM
Arucard05 posted...
About the only thing that would make me excited for the game would be it being a next gen release.

I'd go one further. I'll only be excited for it if Projekt Red acquires the brand and develops it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#5Arucard05Posted 1/21/2013 10:01:30 AM
I'd go one further. I'll only be excited for it if Projekt Red acquires the brand and develops it.

Oh sauce, that made me hard.
---
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#6bob15xPosted 1/21/2013 10:02:42 AM
pothocket posted...
I tried playing the first one but it was, you know, awful.

Let me fix this for you.

You tried playing the first one but you didn't like it because it was not your type of game.

It was a great game that was highly regarded by critics and players.
Because you didn't like it, doesn't make the game awful.
#7whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 10:10:20 AM
I dont know why people are not excited like I am about DA 3 based on the screenshots I have seen and the info I have found DA 3 will be nothing like the previous 2 DA games in both looks or in gameplay.

I love some of the new deals on the game even though I dont have all the details regarding how they work I do understand them.

Customizable Castle this more than likely will be our MCs new Base of Operations. Also Sandal & Bohdan will more than likely help with the Setup of the Castle.

Customization seems to be deeper than ME games are with not only you can be Customized now your Squad can unlike DA 2 which was pre-rendered now DA 3 can customize anything or anyone. Unknown if Weapons are customizeable such as the new Final Fantasy LR game.

To me customizing in DA 3 seems to be on par with the Wiis Last Story deal.

Also what is cool is a bigger squad which is around 10 People this time.

Another cool addition is Background Choices even though we are stuck with a Human unlike DA 2 we can now be diffrent versions of the deal from an Inquistion Member to maybe a Slave or a Bandit or other types of deals such as Nobility.

No additonal Details were given on Background Choices.

Lastly is the new MP Mode for DA 3 with no name for it yet but the deal is it is Arena Based and you can even be a Dragon meaning also could mean we can be other races in MP Mode also.

Flemeth Returns & Morrigan is being Heavily Hinted at but for now she is a Rumor.

Also what is cool is the possible deal where my Original Warden & Hawke could or might show in DA 3 but would be my guess as a Cameo deal such as Drunk Allistar or King Allistar or Leliana in DA 2 did in MOTA.

I hope some Characters will return such as Varric for Narration and Cassandra would be a Squad Member along with Talis also new ones specifically made for DA 3 mixed in with the old ones maybe Isabella or Aveline.

Cant wait they still have more time to polish up DA 3 before its Holiday 2013 release.

I am getting the Signature deal like I done with DA 2. Also I bet good money that DA 3 will be shown at E3 this year.
#8Arucard05Posted 1/21/2013 10:12:01 AM
You tried playing the first one but you didn't like it because it was not your type of game.

It was a great game that was highly regarded by critics and players.
Because you didn't like it, doesn't make the game awful.

It's an opinion. In his opinion, it's awful.
---
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#9bladegash666Posted 1/21/2013 10:20:36 AM
Any links to screenshots TC? I'm definitely not buying it new , but I may Redbox it or something.
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#10656stoogePosted 1/21/2013 10:22:03 AM
"I dont know why people are not excited like I am about DA 3 based on the screenshots I have seen and the info I have found DA 3 will be nothing like the previous 2 DA games in both looks or in gameplay."

Because it's an EA game. An RPG is a fantasy adventure that should be creative, and deep. EA is against creativity and depth. They want to make games that mimic other, more financially successful titles, whilst simultaneously being shallow enough to draw in the masses.

That's why I never get excited for EA sequels. Sure they occasionally take a chance with a new IP, but the sequel is always all about changing features to maximise profitability.
Look at Dead Space. Great original game that they've turned into an RE5 clone. They even admitted that was their goal.

So my moneys on DA3 being a Skyrim clone made with half the time and budget.

...and full of day 1 DLC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8