This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon Age 3 is still on track for 2013 >>>

#11RPG_ApostlePosted 1/21/2013 10:39:55 AM
Arucard!

What a shock, finding you in a Dragon Age topic.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a lightbulb? They won't, since it TECHNICALLY didn't violate the TOS, but you'll be modded if you say there's no light.
#12pothocketPosted 1/21/2013 10:45:48 AM
My bad. This isn't the place for un-warranted DA hate. But still, I hate this game and it's poorly designed mechanics :(
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#13memphis12Posted 1/21/2013 10:47:57 AM
Arucard05 posted...
You tried playing the first one but you didn't like it because it was not your type of game.

It was a great game that was highly regarded by critics and players.
Because you didn't like it, doesn't make the game awful.

It's an opinion. In his opinion, it's awful.

No, he specifically wrote "you know" implying we know that DA is awful.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#14NightDrifter05Posted 1/21/2013 10:51:12 AM
656stooge posted...
"I dont know why people are not excited like I am about DA 3 based on the screenshots I have seen and the info I have found DA 3 will be nothing like the previous 2 DA games in both looks or in gameplay."

Because it's an EA game. An RPG is a fantasy adventure that should be creative, and deep. EA is against creativity and depth. They want to make games that mimic other, more financially successful titles, whilst simultaneously being shallow enough to draw in the masses.

That's why I never get excited for EA sequels. Sure they occasionally take a chance with a new IP, but the sequel is always all about changing features to maximise profitability.
Look at Dead Space. Great original game that they've turned into an RE5 clone. They even admitted that was their goal.

So my moneys on DA3 being a Skyrim clone made with half the time and budget.

...and full of day 1 DLC.

Do you know the difference between publisher and developer? EA has little to no say in the game, they just put their label on it, stick on a season pass since the game will already have DLC available (even if it wasn't a EA title it still would), and pay to market it and get the game out. Their is a HUGE difference between a EA developed game and a EA published game.
#15Arucard05Posted 1/21/2013 10:53:53 AM
No, he specifically wrote "you know" implying we know that DA is awful.

Still an opinion. This is the internet folks, you're going to have to get thicker skin.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#16656stoogePosted 1/21/2013 11:23:17 AM
"Do you know the difference between publisher and developer? EA has little to no say in the game, they just put their label on it,"

No. This is not the case at all. EA has a say in everything. Check out the article "Free Radical vs the monsters" for proof. EA were only the publishers of Timesplitters FP and yet they had a say in everything. They even told Free Radical that the game needed a main protagonist like Vin Diesel.

And the quote about wanting to turn Dead Space into RE5 was from EA and not Visceral. EA has a say in everything. Do you honestly believe Bioware wanted an 'action mode' or a hoard based MP in their RPG? No.
And the Jersey Shore looking character was an EA decision too. To 'help ease newcomers into the story'. And by newcomers they obviously meant the action audience they were desperately trying to attract.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#17whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:24:02 AM
EA isnt just the Publisher of DA while Bioware is the maker of DA also people are still confused saying that ME & DA are under the same group of people.

Nope they are made by diffrent Branches of Bioware no games are connected as Casey Hudson is over ME not DA as DA is under another guy.

Same with The Old Republic also under its own Branch of people.

Also they even have diffrent Branches that work specifically on MP deals to the DLC deals of each game.

The other Branches focus more on the Main Story Line of the game while others handle the other parts of the game.

Such as SONY does with its games many diffrent deals such as God of War to Killzone to other games they are just under the SONY name such as Bioware is under the EA name SONY or EA dosent make these games they just own the Brand behind these games now such as Bioware or Edge of Reality.

So stop saying EA is making these games they do not they just own the Makers to these games now.

Also quite bashing on a game when the game isnt even out & little to next to nothing is known other than the additional info I have un-covered that is.

I cant wait for DA 3 finally Open World I can travel to anyplace but like a Skyrim or Fallout more than likely have to unlock its location on the World Map.

Also then I can Fast-Travel back to that location incase I have to do a mission or something there such as Skyrim does.

Also just cause something is influenced by a game dosent necessarily mean it is a direct copy of that game such as Playstation All-Stars isnt a direct copy of Super Smash Brothers.

Or Mortal Kombat a Copy or Tekken or DOA a Copy of Soul Calibur.
#18656stoogePosted 1/21/2013 11:38:57 AM
Really? Why repeat what you've already said and disregard my entire post?

Yes EA are the publishers and not the devs. But you're naive if you think these guys don't have a say in the games they publish.

Want proof? Read the link I posted. EA didn't develop Timesplitters, they only published it. They sure had a say in how the game turned out though.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#19zerooo0Posted 1/21/2013 11:46:47 AM
I like EA games, so sue me.

I'll keep my eye on DA3. The day I bought DA it got laser burned on my Xbox. Never played a DA game since.(That was before I knew that the Xbox could do that)
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.