This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My take on the DmC uproar.

#1Arucard05Posted 1/21/2013 11:21:59 AM
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/01/a-devil-may-cry-but-fans-are-much-more.html

DmC fans. DMC fans. Let us discuss.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#2superbowl54Posted 1/21/2013 11:55:30 AM
couldn't have said better myself.

Now that the game has released and is pretty damn good, plus to spite those pathetic whiners, I now hope there will NEVER be a DMC5 and we get DmC 2 and 3 instead.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#3Arucard05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:59:42 AM
Bayonetta was the game for those people. And they have Bayonetta 2 to look forward to. Everybody wins!
---
It's better than bad.
#4gorypaldin2Posted 1/21/2013 12:07:48 PM
I liked all the entries in the DMC/Dmc series. Even the ones that are not very good when compared to the best games in the series are still good games overall.
---
The mods know where they can go
#5shawnmckPosted 1/21/2013 12:13:18 PM
That was actually a pretty good read, although I feel that it was unfinished.
I would liked to have seen added how some of these same people pissing & moaning about the new look of Dante and threatening to boycott the game are in large part the same idiots who piss & moan about the state of the industry, and how people aren't supportive enough.

And I really don't get all the anger over the new look.
I was fed up with the old look of Dante, with his white hair and red costume.
To me it seemed so ***.
This new look isn't perfect, but I'll take it over the old look any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

People just love to pitch a fit every time they don't get their way.
And they wonder why we call them "entitled brats".
And DMC isn't the first or only game to receive such treatment....There was Resident Evil 6, Castlevania: LoS, and Dead Space 3, just to name a few.

Sure, sometimes changes are made that I don't like either....
I would have much preferred RE6 be more like RE4, but it wasn't....and instead of pissing and moaning about it, I set my per-conceived notions aside, played the game for what it was....and had a pretty damn good time.
Same went for Castlevania: LoS.
I sure as heck didn't throw a tantrum, screaming like a fussy baby, making demands that can't possibly be met.
That is so childish & immature.
Grow the F' up !

If we want this Industry to thrive & flourish, people need to stop acting like babies every time they don't get 100% of what they want.
I get it that you pay for a product and should get what you want, but this industry is also about Artistic freedom and change. You can't complain about things being stagnant, and then complain about them when they change. It serves no purpose.

And I could understand serious complaints, such as a game's mechanics being broken....but whining over the look of Dante and how you want the old look is just petty as hell.
You might as well complain that the game isn't free while you're at it.
#6bluehat94Posted 1/21/2013 12:15:10 PM
Pretty much hit the nail on the head, I kind of liked the old Dante, I was never a huge fan of the series, but I enjoyed his cocky attitude. Now for something that I never thought I would say, after about 3 hours of playing as him, I found this new Dante more interesting than his past incarnation. He's as cocky as ever, but there's actually some depth to him this time around, enough to keep me interested in the story and characters (in a DMC game? preposterous!!). I think i'll definitely be picking the game up soon, i've been playing it at a friends house and I think he's starting to get tired of watching me play his game.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#7Arucard05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:18:17 PM
That was actually a pretty good read, although I feel that it was unfinished.
I would liked to have seen added how some of these same people pissing & moaning about the new look of Dante and threatening to boycott the game are in large part the same idiots who piss & moan about the state of the industry, and how people aren't supportive enough.

Too true. I had intended to write about that. Gamers aren't a hive-mind, but to the people in charge of making these games it can seem like it.

"We want new experiences" they cry.

"Whoa whoa, why'd you change it!"
---
It's better than bad.
#8Zohar_MetatronPosted 1/21/2013 12:47:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GorSf.png

Not a sequel, but the same premise applies.

I really like the DMC franchise, and I had some hesitation when it was handed off, since I'm not the biggest fan of Enslaved and Heavenly Sword mechanics-wise, but at the same time DMC4 was a straight-up retread. Even the second game did more to try and move the series forward. I don't trust a theoretical DMC5, which it didn't look like we were getting regardless of DmC's existence, to be anything more then "like DMC3 but worse, again." So yeah, I'm all for the series going off this way.
---
Who took the bomp from the bompalompalomp?
#9seankimberley42Posted 1/21/2013 12:48:00 PM
I believe another issue is a false sense of entitlement from a lot of gamers. By that I mean that a lot of gamers feel that, because they've invested a lot of time with a game it series, they should have a say in how the rest of the series goes. Just look at the mass effect 3 scenario; people didn't like the ending so they protested loudly enough and signed enough petitions that bioware felt the need to change the ending.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#10Arucard05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:50:09 PM
I remember there was a bit of hesitation when RE4 was revealed. It was different, but fans uncharacteristically realized that that didn't mean it wasn't good. The series was so damn stale by that point too.
---
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.