This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My take on the DmC uproar.

#41MrMikeMaPosted 1/22/2013 6:23:35 AM
Why? Why can't people just not like the game? Why do you need to validate your opinion on the game by calling others whiners?

Oh come on stooge. There is a big difference between people not liking a game, and the whiners. You've been here long enough and can tell the difference. For gods sake some idiots wrote the white house and asked the President to do something about this.

There were DEFINITELY a ton of people whining about the hair and emo looks LONG before any real gameplay was out. Whiners are always way more vocal than the people that legitimately don't like a game.

I legitimately don't like a LOT of games, games that are considered GOTY material by most people (like Mass Effect, GTA IV, Metal Gear IV, etc). But, I never just whine about these games.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#42oasisbeyondPosted 1/22/2013 6:54:11 AM
It's like Lara's smaller boobs... But wait... The fans didn't b%$^!!! Heck, most are so happy with the more realistic look of Lara. Let's be honest games have changed graphically. And keeping her old look was looking weird in the game world she was in.

No one cared for DMC4... They had to make change, it's simple for that, if not the series would be dead. Don't worry though, they'll be another one and change will come back again.
Welcome to the ever changing video game industry.
#43Halo_ForeverPosted 1/22/2013 7:04:04 AM
Arucard05 posted...
Also nothing to do with the topic at hand, but "stupider fans", couldn't you just call them dumbass fans or dumber fans?

Stupider sounds more stupid I think.

In my books "stupider" reflects poorly on the intellect of the writer, not the subject. Therefore I find it disheartening, to see intelligent people using it.

Probably shows that I'm getting linguistically stuffy already.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#44DARQ MXPosted 1/22/2013 7:24:34 AM
Arucard05 posted...
Bayonetta was the game for those people. And they have Bayonetta 2 to look forward to. Everybody wins!

no way they are making a bayonetta 2? omg I can't wait! lol

Such an under the radar game too. I think anyone should play it, I think it was a great title for any GOW or DMC fan.
---
Intel i5 2500k+on FRIO|8GB G.Skill RipJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme 4 G3 |Sapphire 2GB 6970|Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R & K90|Win 7 Pro 64
#45Banana_ManaPosted 1/22/2013 7:47:28 AM
Halo_Forever posted...
Arucard05 posted...
Also nothing to do with the topic at hand, but "stupider fans", couldn't you just call them dumbass fans or dumber fans?

Stupider sounds more stupid I think.

In my books "stupider" reflects poorly on the intellect of the writer, not the subject. Therefore I find it disheartening, to see intelligent people using it.

Probably shows that I'm getting linguistically stuffy already.

No linguist would use the adverb 'linguistically'; the adverb is the enemy of prose.
---
2013 is here. New Year's resolution = play more, eat more, drink more, achieve less.
#46656stoogePosted 1/22/2013 8:12:33 AM
oasisbeyond posted...

No one cared for DMC4... They had to make change, it's simple for that, if not the series would be dead. Don't worry though, they'll be another one and change will come back again.
Welcome to the ever changing video game industry.

People liked DMC4. What most people didn't like was the backtracking. DCM4 seems to have sold better in it's opening week than DmC too. And that was at the start of the gen.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#47BBBanks03Posted 1/22/2013 9:15:45 AM
656stooge posted...
"But otherwise, yes. We have turned into a society of whiners, no question."

Why? Why can't people just not like the game? Why do you need to validate your opinion on the game by calling others whiners?

Not everybody likes the same damn games.

I think when the TC and the game's supporters refer to a "society of whiners," they're most typically referring to the individuals who are unreasonable or ridiculously excessive in their criticism. Ninja Theory has stated in interviews that rabid fans have actually sent them death threats for what they did. DEATH THREATS. That... is just insane. Going to Metacritic will show you countless reviews of the game by ex-fanboys posting scores of 0's and 1's. No game should score that low unless it is completely broken on a fundamental level; that, my friends, is an example of unreasonable complaining and nerdy outrage.

If you are able to objectively look at the game, separate it from past entries in the series (something I think even the haters who claim to have played the game are unable to do), play it, and still just not enjoy the game itself for what it is, then no one should judge you for that, as it's perfectly valid criticism.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#48Killah PriestPosted 1/22/2013 9:22:01 AM
Man... Silent Hill Book of Memories sucked and not because it was a silent hill game it was just a bad game across the board.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#49Arucard05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 11:36:58 AM

While I generally strive to maintain a certain level of propriety, I had already used the word "c***ass". The bar was already set.

Man... Silent Hill Book of Memories sucked and not because it was a silent hill game it was just a bad game across the board.

Very likely. The fans in question had absolutely no way of knowing that though.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#50JukainPosted 1/22/2013 11:47:23 AM
That article is more or less how I feel about Final Fantasy, except for the bit about where I would prefer being no more games than more games I don't want to play. I really do want Final Fantasy to just die already so I can stop buying them out of obligation.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900