This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is gesrs of war 3 a tower defense game?(horde mode)

#11glassghost0Posted 1/21/2013 3:32:15 PM
It wouldn't be completely wrong saying it's similar or does borrow elements from the tower defense genre.
---
Signature OFF
#12NevercomingdownPosted 1/21/2013 3:59:46 PM
bulletproven50 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Holy F***ing S***......

First, no, Gears 3 is not a tower defense game.

Second, it's TURRETS, not torrents....

My crappy iPad does it's auto correct thing I dunno

Probably cause you typed turrents. Not sure why so many people say that..

Horde mode is.. kinda tower defense? I mean you build up certain areas, spend money on fences and turrets and decoys and upgrading them and defend against waves of enemies until 50.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.
#13bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:46:15 PM
TrickyPony posted...
I think the answer you're looking for is yes and no. You can build turrets in Horde mode(they're called sentry guns), but they don't do much and they get destroyed extremely easily and they cost a fortune. To survive horde you have to do the majority of the heavy lifting (like 95% of it) and your sentries can do the rest.

In my opinion, the sentries best use is as an early warning system. Meaning you can keep your back to one and blast away, and you'll know if someone is flanking you by listening if your sentry is going off.

Additionally you can also build turrets and they're pretty useful, however you have to man it and fire it and it costs money to repair and reload it between rounds.

The best answer ever.

* gives a fresh cookie from Subway
---
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)