This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else picking up The Cave tomorrow/Wednesday?

#1bluehat94Posted 1/21/2013 3:34:21 PM(edited)
As some of you know and many of you probably don't, The Cave is the next game by DoubleFine, and the marks first time that Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert have worked together on a game since Day of The Tentacle.

Now, my question is this, who is getting this game tomorrow (for Steam and PSN)/ Wednesday (XBLA)?

I've been pretty excited for it since it's announcement, Tim Schafer is one of my favorite people in the industry, and I love Ron Gilberts previous work, so pretty much a no brainer for me.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#2pothocketPosted 1/21/2013 3:32:46 PM
Will buy it with no demo. Just take my money. If it sucks I'll consider it a tip for Day of the Tentacle. I don't think I've actually paid for that game even though I've played it when it was new and again recently when I found a ROM of it for DOS-BOX.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3ironmaidenfan70Posted 1/21/2013 3:34:21 PM
Just got stacking today and I love it,so yes I'll pick cave up ,but I will also have Ni no kun and Bioshock ultimate collection so I don't think I'll play it right away
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
#4glyde69Posted 1/21/2013 4:23:11 PM
Yup gonna DL on XBLA Wednesday. Looking forward to Ni No Kuni tomorrow.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#5darkharePosted 1/21/2013 4:27:13 PM
ill let you know after i play the demo.
---
young enough to still enjoy being a ass, old enough not to give a damn about how it makes you feel.
#6DyingPancakePosted 1/21/2013 4:33:14 PM
Maybe on a sale

Doesn't seem like a full price game to me
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#7bluehat94(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:47:22 PM(edited)
DyingPancake posted...
Maybe on a sale

I would disagree, the amount of content in the game seems pretty sizable,

7 characters, of which you pick 3 each game

Each character has his/her own set of caves

There are certain areas in the caves that can only be accessed when you're teamed up with certain characters

Each character has their own backstories that are fleshed out as you find symbols inscribed on wall

So you need to play through 3 times just to see all of the caves, and that's not including all the places you can only get to with certain combinations of characters.

edit: Double Fine has also said that the caves are set up medtroidvania style.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#8Reel_Big_MikePosted 1/21/2013 4:46:25 PM
Absolute day 1 buy. I cannot wait to give Ron Gilbert and Double Fine more of my money.
#9stawg007Posted 1/21/2013 5:16:14 PM
I only buy arcade games when they're DotW Orono sale, so no
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
#10darkharePosted 1/21/2013 5:32:03 PM
bluehat94 posted...
DyingPancake posted...
Maybe on a sale

I would disagree, the amount of content in the game seems pretty sizable,

7 characters, of which you pick 3 each game

Each character has his/her own set of caves

There are certain areas in the caves that can only be accessed when you're teamed up with certain characters

Each character has their own backstories that are fleshed out as you find symbols inscribed on wall

So you need to play through 3 times just to see all of the caves, and that's not including all the places you can only get to with certain combinations of characters.

edit: Double Fine has also said that the caves are set up medtroidvania style.

huh i didnt know half that info, looking forward to playing the demo.

---
young enough to still enjoy being a ass, old enough not to give a damn about how it makes you feel.