This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's so bad about Devil May Cry 2???

#1sonicteam2k1Posted 1/21/2013 4:18:23 PM
I asked a friend of mine this question and his response....

"what's good about DMC2 would be a much easier question to answer... not a got damned thing, that game is a piece of ****"

I was flabbergasted....
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#2glyde69Posted 1/21/2013 4:24:50 PM
Wish I could remember. It turned me off though to where I haven't played a DMC since.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#3Enix BelmontPosted 1/21/2013 4:49:43 PM
Its not the worst game ever, just a giant disappointment and a 5/10 or 6/10 at best(6/10 as the secret character, who is way more fun than the default two).

The difficulty is just horrible. After the challenge of DMC, it's followed up with a game thats literally easier than DMC was on normal on the absolute hardest difficulty. The way bloody palace ups the ante is just spamming tons of enemies at once(to the point it crashes the game occasionally) and giving enemies with health bars so big you can't see them go down.(literally). Mashing the gun button gets you through 90% of the game no problem.

The style system totally sucked(literally some missions are impossible to get all Ss on, last I heard), the melee weapons were all the same with different stats(making all but the strong one terrible), the environments are drab and boring, the enemies have really crappy AI and some enemies like infested tanks are stupid in design and literally can not hit you if you go up and mash the button, Dante himself doesn't talk almost at all and completely lost his sense of humor, the plot just sucks, the game is like 3 hours long(5 is pushing it including BOTH campaigns, i can beat both in around 2 hours).

The games just not that good. But it's not as **** as some say. Hyperbole due to disappointment is most of the hate.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#4Dark_SpiretPosted 1/21/2013 4:53:30 PM
the game isnt BAD, but as said very mediocre. Name anything (literally anything) about its design and chances are its worse than DMC1 let alone the rest of the series.
#5NeoGeoXSegaPosted 1/21/2013 6:56:48 PM
the game isnt BAD, but as said very mediocre. Name anything (literally anything) about its design and chances are its worse than DMC1 let alone the rest of the series.

Actually it was bad.
Not just compared to DMC1 & 3, but bad period!

Ugly graphics that were a huge downgrade from teh 1st, bad bland linear levels with no depth, TERRIBLE camera, pure button mashing gameplay with zero skill.

Even the new DmC game can't be that bad.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#6JenniferTatePosted 1/21/2013 7:12:02 PM
As a stand alone game, it was mediocre at its best. As a sequel to a much celebrated game, it didnt even meet the watermark set by the first game. What is most damning is how the game also goes out of its way to show you how much it didn't try to meet that watermark, as summarized above.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#7SoincMetalPosted 1/21/2013 7:15:46 PM
I feel dreaded to the "It's not has good had the first" syndrome and never got any light of day. It's a good game, not the best DMC game but 3 changed that. I order them 3,1,4,2. Not saying i didn't enjoy 2 but i liked the others better. Plus technically 2 is the LAST DMC storyboard wise.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#8sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:22:02 PM
my buddy said the more he played it the more he disgusted he grew. Said he said 1 and 3 were alright but couldn't stand 2. His first experience with DMC was the collection last year. Man seems a lot of people can't stand DMC2, even non fans.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#9SoincMetalPosted 1/21/2013 7:28:12 PM
I think people just butt hurt on how it ended. There's really nothing too bad about the game, it just doesn't stand out like the first (Pretty obvious cause its the sequel as it was a new IP). People thought it was "normal" and "nothing inovative" about it so they changed it up with the 3; being possibly the best in the series along next to 1. Haven't played the Full new DmC, just the demo so i can't comment on the latest one.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#10DuwstaiPosted 1/21/2013 9:30:11 PM
Its an extremely boring, generic, and mediocre game that happened to follow up one of the greatest action games of all time.

If I had to describe it in one word it would be "generic".

Nothing about it is interesting or good in any way. So many awful levels and mutated tank/ helicopter bosses. The combat is shallow and repetitive.

Just not a very good game.
---
balls