This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have games become too violent?

#101TheBlueStigPosted 1/24/2013 9:04:06 AM
reverence27 posted...
You keep making these false claims

Never made any false claims.

The only one talking about gun bans is you

New York has already started pushing it's ban under Bloomberg, Chicago has had handguns banned for years, supported by Obummer when he was a Senator. Feinstein has actively pushed for bans even though she carries concealed weapons and has armed bodyguards to boot. Clinton actually signed in a ban when he reached lame duck. The list goes on and on, all democrats.

Wake.

Up.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#102reverence27Posted 1/24/2013 9:20:57 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
His own words "I will ban assault weapons", Biden said the same thing, so did Feinstein, Bloomberg, Trotter, and a dozen other Democrat puppets.

It isn't Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Bloomberg, Trotter, and a dozen other Democrat Puppets,

Most Americans support tough new measures to counter gun violence, including banning assault weapons, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll. In the poll, 58 percent of Americans support the ban, which expired in 2004 after 10 years; 39 percent oppose it. Some 45 percent of gun-owning households also support the ban.

The Majority of America Support the assault weapons ban, and Guess what I'm not even one of them. I don't care about assault weapons. I only care about regulations to properly ensure individuals are properly educated on Gun Safety in and out of the home, especially those with children and mentally ill and making sure there is better legislation to help prevent weapons from easily getting into the hands of criminals.
BUT YOU REFUSE TO LISTEN TO ANYTHING BUT YOUR OWN SKEWED OPINION.

THE MAJORITY THAT OPPOSE IT WORK FOR OR ARE INFLUENCED BY THE NRA OR ARE CAUGHT UP IN SOME DELUSIONAL CONSPIRACY THEORY AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/01/24/lawmakers-to-unveil-new-assault-weapons-ban/ (this is washington post which is very conservative, but I don't ignore news just because I disagree with the political party.)

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5100647a69bedd1867000008-559-506/screen%20shot%202013-01-23%20at%205.29.54%20pm.png

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-gun-control-gallup-poll-assault-weapons-magazines-newtown-ct-2013-1

You are lost in your own delusional uneducated mind, and consistently shown you have fallen victim to some massive conspiracy theory. That and you are too young and do not have children or anyone in your life you care about to even under stand the impact of the recent shootings. You obviously are still at the age where you think the world is against you, or truly are to mentally unstable to own a gun.

See I grew up in a military household where guns were respected and education on them was important. I was taught that they are only to be used as a last resort for protection against those who try and harm us. I also was raised to respect our nation and take pride in america and our elected leaders, and those that fight for them, that My family and many others fought to protect for our freedom and safety. You just think guns are cool, and make you feel like a man. You need them to make yourself feel more powerful because you have no other means to. You actually think you are better than those who serve our country and risk their lives for us everyday, and that you deserve better weapons then them.
You just sound like some Back woods redneck that lives in a cabin with tinfoil on your head thinking any minute the Dems are coming to take you and your mom away. Your constant insults to our President, Government, and attempts to downgrade our nation to the likes of Mexico, India, most of Africa, and other unstable, underdeveloped impoverished countries shows you have no pride or care about this great nation, you just care about YOU!. I stood behind Regan, my mother fought during HW Bush and we stood behind him, I stood behind Clinton and my sister fought during W Bush. I never agreed with all of their policies, but I always respected them.

You can't spell america with out ME AND I.
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#103TheBlueStigPosted 1/24/2013 9:29:42 AM
reverence27 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
His own words "I will ban assault weapons", Biden said the same thing, so did Feinstein, Bloomberg, Trotter, and a dozen other Democrat puppets.

It isn't Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Bloomberg, Trotter, and a dozen other Democrat Puppets.

Maybe you should be watching CNN a bit more, they've been ON CAMERA SAYING THEY WILL BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS.

Bloomberg has DEMANDED that other states ban guns every time there's a shooting.

God Damn you need help....

As for your ABC news poll, they're anti-gun, so any poll they create will be tilted to show that.

The rest of your post was brainwashed rhetoric, you're not worth the waste of time anymore, you're so far gone, you've been kissing so much gun control ass that your nose is permanently stained.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#104reverence27Posted 1/24/2013 9:33:36 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
reverence27 posted...
You keep making these false claims

Never made any false claims.

The only one talking about gun bans is you

New York has already started pushing it's ban under Bloomberg, Chicago has had handguns banned for years, supported by Obummer when he was a Senator. Feinstein has actively pushed for bans even though she carries concealed weapons and has armed bodyguards to boot. Clinton actually signed in a ban when he reached lame duck. The list goes on and on, all democrats.

Wake.

Up.

As I said numerous times. A gun ban isn't the solution..... MAN YOU DO NOT LISTEN.

REGAN PUSHED AND SIGNED THE ORIGINAL BAN..... all democrats? Yeah I know what you will say he wasn't a real republican. THEN WHY THE HELL DO SO MANY REPUBLICANS LOOK UP TO HIM. Well all the ones that are not living in a delusional world of conspiracy.

BUSH SUPPORTED THE ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN.

"BUSH: I did think we ought to extend the assault weapons ban and was told the bill was never going to move. I believe law-abiding citizens ought to be able to own a gun. I believe in background checks."

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/08/us/irking-nra-bush-supports-the-ban-on-assault-weapons.html

You know who didn't THOSE INFLUENCED BY THE NRA.

You are so jaded by your Right Wing Media Propaganda.

http://www.politicususa.com/obama-republican-convention-banned-guns.html

Talk about hypocrisy...
Yeah I know this is low and not the same thing, but I'm debating with a child, so maybe I should resort to his tactics.
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#105reverence27Posted 1/24/2013 9:59:24 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
reverence27 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

It isn't Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Bloomberg, Trotter, and a dozen other Democrat Puppets.

Maybe you should be watching CNN a bit more, they've been ON CAMERA SAYING THEY WILL BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS.

Bloomberg has DEMANDED that other states ban guns every time there's a shooting.

God Damn you need help....

As for your ABC news poll, they're anti-gun, so any poll they create will be tilted to show that.

The rest of your post was brainwashed rhetoric, you're not worth the waste of time anymore, you're so far gone, you've been kissing so much gun control ass that your nose is permanently stained.

Another Typical Limbaugh Brainwashed Comeback.
I posted two different polls that both showed similar result, but of course what do you do, Close your Eyes, cover your ears, and hold your breath till you get your way.

You need some serious help, the world doesn't revolve around you. Once you move outta your moms house you are in for a rude awakening.

http://somd.com/news/headlines/2013/16429.shtml

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/other-races/273955-poll-majority-support-assault-weapons-ban

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/176209/poll-broad-support-for-assault-weapons-ban/

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/politics/poll-nyers-favor-assault-weapons-ban-1.4467015

http://mynorthwest.com/646/2182001/Survey-Washington-residents-support-assault-weapons-ban

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=4971

Every poll on this topic has similar results. MAJORITY DISAGREE WITH YOU.
You know who didn't seem to have a poll on the assault weapon ban, Fox News. Probably because it didn't get the results they wanted.

Wait i did find the info on it though..... Its not pretty.
Fox News Poll
"Banning assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons" 1/15-17/13
Favor 54 Oppose 42 Unsure 3
Of Course they removed if from their site.

Again you should shut your mouth to keep from showing how uninformed and ignorant you are being.
---
#106BombermanGoldPosted 1/24/2013 10:02:55 AM
Not enough blood.

Consoles need to get a version of Postal 2 onto em.

GLORIOUS.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#107DesperateMonkeyPosted 1/24/2013 4:16:53 PM
Mostly not fun without violence. Would you want Mario to give goombas flowers or do you want Mario to stomp his face into the ground?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#108schmittycent2Posted 1/24/2013 4:28:47 PM
Games to me have gotten to over the top and violent especially the games where your number one thing to do is kill someone in the most outlandish way to make combos.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#109overmaxxPosted 1/24/2013 4:29:18 PM
Yes

Not that the games individually are too violent, just that there are too much violent games these days compared to family friendly ones. The "video games are for teenagers" stigma that started in the 16 bit era (especially with Sega and their marketing), and was starting to go away in the early 2000s, is now coming back at full force.
#110TheBlueStigPosted 1/24/2013 4:54:46 PM
overmaxx posted...
Yes

Not that the games individually are too violent, just that there are too much violent games these days compared to family friendly ones. The "video games are for teenagers" stigma that started in the 16 bit era (especially with Sega and their marketing), and was starting to go away in the early 2000s, is now coming back at full force.

First, if you want family games, you can buy a kinect or buy a Nintendo system, they have that market locked up.

Second, games are now for ADULTS, not just teens, and they haven't been just for kids since 1990-95.

Third, nobody is forcing anybody else to play anything they don't want to play.
---
Ben Franklin