This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have games become too violent?

#111leopoldsharkPosted 1/24/2013 4:27:48 PM
Games have always been violent. The graphics today are just better.
#112scoobydoobydontPosted 1/24/2013 4:49:00 PM
Violence I can deal with usually, but I don't care for gore much unless it's horror and supposed to be gross. God of War, Mortal Kombat reboot... they actually put me off a bit. And I'm certain if there was ever another Manhunt, that would too.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#113DesperateMonkeyPosted 1/25/2013 6:22:19 AM
Quote:Violence I can deal with usually, but I don't care for gore much unless it's horror and supposed to be gross. God of War, Mortal Kombat reboot... they actually put me off a bit. And I'm certain if there was ever another Manhunt, that would too.
@scoobydoobydont
And we're supposed to care? I think some games are way too colorful or way too family-friendly. Maybe we should ban those games...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#114reverence27Posted 1/25/2013 8:26:55 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Violence I can deal with usually, but I don't care for gore much unless it's horror and supposed to be gross. God of War, Mortal Kombat reboot... they actually put me off a bit. And I'm certain if there was ever another Manhunt, that would too.

Thats why they have those huge ratings in the corner to warn people and especially parents.

You wouldn't believe how many times I have heard an employee warn a parent that the game is rated M and they just say as long as there isn't any sex or nudity.
YES THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG. Violence and Drug Use is ok but god forbid Your kids may grow up one day and want to have sex.
Only in America.
---
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies." ~Benjamin Franklin
#115DesperateMonkeyPosted 1/26/2013 10:46:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]