This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have games become too violent?

#61KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/22/2013 5:32:13 PM
The single problem is irresponsible parents who let their kids play violent games, not the games themselves.

IMO.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#62vigorm0rtisPosted 1/22/2013 5:33:12 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
reverence27 posted...
Dude chill your going into your attack mode as always. I just said we can't say every single one, but I do agree it is a major issue.

You're getting attacked because you've been posting every single gun control keyword and phrase that comes out of the Brady Campaign to ban ALL guns, you've also demanded "compromise", which really means capitulation coming from people like you.

To be clear, you're actually getting attacked because Stig lives in a fantasyland where the demands of a majority of the citizenry of America doesn't just want to make gun owners more accountable for their guns (registering? Never! Registering is for dangerous things like voting!) they want guns to be banned, where any jerkoff with a 9mm is John Rambo and will lead his ragtag band of Wolverines to victory against the corrupt government and it's mammoth, well-trained and technically superior military (maybe with the aid of Ewoks), and the UN is making people farms. You know, so they can start feeding you Soylent Green.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#63shawnmckPosted 1/22/2013 5:43:18 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
reverence27 posted...
Dude chill your going into your attack mode as always. I just said we can't say every single one, but I do agree it is a major issue.

You're getting attacked because you've been posting every single gun control keyword and phrase that comes out of the Brady Campaign to ban ALL guns, you've also demanded "compromise", which really means capitulation coming from people like you.

Since you're using their information, you're getting the WRONG numbers and forming VERY faulty opinions about guns.

You never did answer the question.....since Compromise means BOTH parties give something up, what are YOU giving up?

^ Not only that, but people like reverence27 refuse to look at the broader picture, but prefer to only use facts and evidence (opinions really) that shows their point of view, while totally rejecting facts and evidence that contradicts them.

Nobody in favor of gun rights (opposing gun bans) deny that murders with guns happen...but what we reject is the notion that the gun is the cause or catalyst.
If you believe that a gun by itself is the cause of a death, then likewise you have to conclude that video-games are equally as responsible...
A gun sitting on a table isn't going to kill someone by itself, but it has to be picked up and used in a manner that the vast majority of people find repulsive (kill someone else).

A gun sits on a desk and a kid picks it up ....
And lets suppose that the kid decides to kill someone with it.
Did the gun itself make the kid do it?
If you think that, then if you are going to be consistent then you likewise have to assume that the kid just played Call of Duty (or some other game) and decided to use the gun in a similar fashion.
Thus, if we are going to ban guns to prevent deaths, then you have to be consistent and ban all video-games that have shooting elements in them too, because you can't prevent everyone from getting a hold of a gun illegally, so you must also make sure they don't play any video-games and get the idea to use them in such a way.

If a gun can convince someone to kill, then so can a video-game....or any inanimate object (that's your assumption/ conclusion, not mine).

Its all silly to think that an inanimate object is to blame and not the person involved.
The difference between those of us opposing gun bans and those of you in favor of it, are that we want to get to the root cause and the catalyst of such behavior, while you want to just deal with the symptom, which in itself can't prevent any form of violence because in the absence of one tool, any number of other tools can be present and used with just as much deadly force.

Even the Nations with complete gun bans have just as high crime rate (if not higher) as calculated as a percentage of population to the number of crimes (murder, assault, etc).
Therefore, its silly to claim that the gun is the cause...and even more naive to conclude that banning guns will somehow lead to less violence.
They aren't the cause of the violence, therefore their absence CAN'T have any effect.

Not only that, but you are completely neglecting the thousands of cases where a gun was used in self-defense, and was instrumental in saving lives.
You can't have it just one way.
Guns are just as much a defense tool as it is a tool for assault.
#64TheBlueStigPosted 1/22/2013 5:43:23 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
the demands of a majority of the citizenry of America

Vocal Minority =/= Majority

And you might want to look into UN Agenda 21.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#65reverence27Posted 1/22/2013 5:44:47 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
reverence27 posted...

Since you're using their information, you're getting the WRONG numbers and forming VERY faulty opinions about guns.

You never did answer the question.....since Compromise means BOTH parties give something up, what are YOU giving up?

First, unlike you, I don't get all my thoughts, opinions and feelings from Fox News, mike hukabee Facebook, and my local pastor that ****** you during a prayer lockin. I have seen gun violence first hand, and also been to different countries where there is strict gun control and bans and have seen firsthand how it feels to live without fear of guns everywhere you go. You need to leave your moms basement and realize 1. There is no zombie apocalypse and 2. There is more to the world then just what revolves around you.
The compromise is not asking for a full firearm ban but instead looking into ways to strengthen regulations and enforcing existing laws. If your nose wasn't so far up Fox News and NRA a****, while they **** **** ***, and watch you *** ****, you would pay attention. :) cursing is fun and makes everyone take you serious. You sound as crazy and confused as your hero Ted Nugut.
So anytime someone wants to bring up a discussion on ways to help lower gun violence they must give up something in return before you will listen to them. If there wasn't a starting point to begin a compromise nothing would get done.

You never answered the question to your own post of these 16 developed, countries with stable government and economy with gun bans or stict gun control and higher gun related homicides that you claim exist.
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#66vigorm0rtisPosted 1/22/2013 5:47:25 PM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

The only people who oppose action on making gun owners more accountable are white males without a college education. They are not a majority.

And I already looked into your Soylent Green links last time you posted them. Amateur hour conspiracy fodder. Glenn Beck has lowered the standard.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#67TheBlueStigPosted 1/22/2013 6:04:17 PM
reverence27 posted...
First, unlike you, I don't get all my thoughts, opinions and feelings from Fox News, mike hukabee Facebook

I told you before, I don't watch Fox News, that's just your lame ass knee jerk reaction to the truth getting shoved in your face.

I even linked directly to the f***ing FBI's numbers that don't come with a political agenda, but you only see what you want to see because you're blinded by CNN's lies and propaganda.

I have seen gun violence first hand, and also been to different countries where there is strict gun control and bans and have seen firsthand how it feels to live without fear of guns everywhere you go.

I doubt you've seen any real "gun violence" at all, especially since that's a known tactic of the Brady Campaign.

I grew up just outside of Detroit, had guns pulled on me many times, I survived but didn't turn into a spineless pansy like the Brady's want everyone to be.

The compromise is not asking for a full firearm ban but instead looking into ways to strengthen regulations and enforcing existing laws.

Buzzword after buzzword after buzzword.....

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcnobody.html

Since you're using their websites for numbers, you may as well know their full and true History of steady attacks on gun ownership rights and their eventual demands of a full and total civilian gun ban.

So anytime someone wants to bring up a discussion on ways to help lower gun violence they must give up something in return before you will listen to them. If there wasn't a starting point to begin a compromise nothing would get done.

You admit that you don't want a compromise, you DEMAND Capitulation, total surrender, you demand total surrender and don't expect a fight in return?

Compromise DEMANDS that both parties give up something, but since you're not giving anything up, neither will any gun owner without a fight.

countries with stable government and economy

As I said before, only small minded zombies want the discussion restricted to specific economic parameters instead of comparing the laws themselves.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#68shawnmckPosted 1/22/2013 6:24:38 PM(edited)
reverence27 posted...

First, unlike you, I don't get all my thoughts, opinions and feelings from Fox News, mike hukabee Facebook, and my local pastor that ****** you during a prayer lockin. I have seen gun violence first hand, and also been to different countries where there is strict gun control and bans and have seen firsthand how it feels to live without fear of guns everywhere you go. You need to leave your moms basement and realize 1. There is no zombie apocalypse and 2. There is more to the world then just what revolves around you.
The compromise is not asking for a full firearm ban but instead looking into ways to strengthen regulations and enforcing existing laws. If your nose wasn't so far up Fox News and NRA a****, while they **** **** ***, and watch you *** ****, you would pay attention. :) cursing is fun and makes everyone take you serious. You sound as crazy and confused as your hero Ted Nugut.

You never answered the question to your own post of these 16 developed, countries with stable government and economy with gun bans or stict gun control and higher gun related homicides that you claim exist.

How is getting your news from Michael Moore and Politgo or any other of the insanely biased supposed news sites evidence that FOX news is false ?
They (FOX) use facts and evidence, and have sources to back up their claims most of the time.
Of course they do have the occasional nut-case and opinion piece...but a guest isn't the same thing as the journalist doing the interview. Nor is it any different than any of the other news organizations (ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, etc) who are far worse by spouting opinions as facts without any reliable source or credibility.

One supposed journalist ( I think it was CNN but could have been ABC) made a comment that now that Obama won re-election, he needs to "aggressively destroy the Republican Party"...or something like that. They aren't even hiding their bias anymore. How can they be trusted to give honest News when they are clearly politically biased ?

And FOX News at least allows people of opposing views to come on and get out their side of the story...something that most other News sites do NOT.
When FOX discusses something about Obama, they usually have a Democrat along with a Republican, so that the discussion is fair & balanced.
When ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, etc do an interview regarding politics, they invite Democrats....even if the story involves Republicans, they invite Democrats to talk about it...which is nothing but stacking the deck and isn't being fair at all.
And when they do bring in a supposed Republican, its always the most Leftist & Liberal minded Republican that agrees with everything the Democrats say.

And what countries have you gone to ?
Try going to Mexico, Africa, Iran, Pakistan, Kuwait, Palestine, Egypt, Syria, Cuba, Chile, Turkey, India, Zimbabwe, Brazil, Columbia, Haiti, and many others...most of which have complete ban on guns.....and then come back & tell us if you felt safe walking at night.
Canada, and some of the small European Nations don't count.
oh look, I went to Canada and I felt totally safe walking around at night time...
Whoopdee-F'n-Doo
That's like saying....
I walked around Beverly Hills at night, and I felt totally safe..
#69JamanjaxPosted 1/22/2013 6:06:23 PM
The only people who oppose action on making gun owners more accountable are white males without a college education. They are not a majority.

wat
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#70TheBlueStigPosted 1/22/2013 6:07:33 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

And I already looked into your Soylent Green links last time you posted them. Amateur hour conspiracy fodder. Glenn Beck has lowered the standard.

So you consider a very PUBLIC plan by the UN released by them, talked about in PUBLIC meetings over and over throughout the years, is somehow a "conspiracy theory"?

Naive Much ? ? ?
---
Ben Franklin