This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have games become too violent?

#91reverence27Posted 1/23/2013 2:50:37 PM
shawnmck posted...
reverence27 posted...

^ The NRA isn't responsible for teaching children from grades Kinder to 12.
Nor do they propose laws or legislation.

They are no different than the NAACP (gives Millions to Democrats)
And the AARP (gives Millions to Democrats)

And why do you think the NRA gives Millions to the Republican party...?
Don't you think its because the Republican Party support the 2nd Amendment, whereas the Democrat Party seeks to destroy it....?
You are clear evidence that the Democrat Party does NOT give a whit about the second Amendment, and seeks to completely eradicate it.
After all, its what you are arguing for...and you spout the exact same rhetoric that is regurgitated hundreds of times...you are a broken record.

NRA is NOT even close to being anywhere similar to the Teachers Unions and the Public Schools.

You really are desperate and grasping for straws.

Sadly you do not see the comparison because you did not understand the politics behind it. Both give to their chosen side because the opposing side hinders their agenda. What you don't get is one side risks losing their jobs and bargaining rights when it comes to better pay and work conditions, while the other just loses their ability to collect more money from members to lobby the government into annihilating any gun regulations.

Members of Congress have ranked the NRA as the most powerful lobbying organization in the country several years in a row. During the 2008 presidential campaign, the NRA spent $10 million. In 2011, the organization refused an offer to discuss gun control with U.S. President Barack Obama. In response to the invitation, NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre said "Why should I or the N.R.A. go sit down with a group of people that have spent a lifetime trying to destroy the Second Amendment in the United States?" In his statement, LaPierre named Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder (both Democrats) as examples of the "people" he referred to. Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are Ulysses S. Grant, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush. Nixon disavowed his "Honorary Life Membership" in 1969, and Bush resigned his in 1995 in the wake of the Oklahoma City bombing, after LaPierre referred to federal law enforcement agents as "jack-booted thugs" and compared them to the Nazis.

You are clear evidence that the Republican Party does NOT give a whit about the first amendment, and seeks to completely eradicate it. I'm sure you think we should force prayer in public schools, all muslims are terrorist, and women should not have the right to vote.

Nothing you said has shown you have any form of personal opinion or thought. All you have done is posted the same rhetoric seen in facebook memes and videos that were inaccurately produced to perpetrate a conspiracy theory created by the likes of morons like Ted Nuget and Mike Huckabee.

We get it, you are come from a White Uneducated Lower class family that relies on big corporations to tell you how to think and feel. If you would take the time to Read and Travel maybe you could see there is more to the world.
You believe the the earth is 9000 years old and think Science is the Devils work. I've heard it all before from Huckabee.
If you are really so simple minded that you think Teachers and Education is not important, I hope you never have kids.
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#92aDominationPosted 1/23/2013 2:51:39 PM
No more than movies or t.v.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.
#93secondhand1Posted 1/23/2013 2:59:11 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
So far every mass shooter has been on prescription drugs for long histories of mental health problems.

And guns, by themselves, don't CAUSE anything, they're inanimate objects that sit there and do nothing when people aren't around.

Attributing anything they did solely to media, music, or videogames when they were on mind altering drugs for YEARS is just f***ing stupid.

If you really want to figure out why the news media won't touch prescription drugs as a cause of mental breaks and publicize the s*** out of it like they do for every negative use of a gun, or violent games, just look who their advertisers are, Big Pharmaceutical companies who spend hundreds of millions of dollars every year advertising their drugs, and protecting their asses from public scrutiny.

If the news would start hitting big pharma and exposing the problems, they'd lose MILLIONS in advertising revenue.

46 posts before this devolved into another impotent gun argument. And Stig leading the charge.

Well done idiots.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#94shawnmckPosted 1/23/2013 3:04:32 PM(edited)
reverence27 posted...

Sadly you do not see the comparison because you did not understand the politics behind it. Both give to their chosen side because the opposing side hinders their agenda. What you don't get is one side risks losing their jobs and bargaining rights when it comes to better pay and work conditions, while the other just loses their ability to collect more money from members to lobby the government into annihilating any gun regulations.

Members of Congress have ranked the NRA as the most powerful lobbying organization in the country several years in a row. During the 2008 presidential campaign, the NRA spent $10 million. In 2011, the organization refused an offer to discuss gun control with U.S. President Barack Obama. In response to the invitation, NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre said "Why should I or the N.R.A. go sit down with a group of people that have spent a lifetime trying to destroy the Second Amendment in the United States?" In his statement, LaPierre named Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder (both Democrats) as examples of the "people" he referred to. Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are Ulysses S. Grant, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush. Nixon disavowed his "Honorary Life Membership" in 1969, and Bush resigned his in 1995 in the wake of the Oklahoma City bombing, after LaPierre referred to federal law enforcement agents as "jack-booted thugs" and compared them to the Nazis.

You are clear evidence that the Republican Party does NOT give a whit about the first amendment, and seeks to completely eradicate it. I'm sure you think we should force prayer in public schools, all muslims are terrorist, and women should not have the right to vote.

Nothing you said has shown you have any form of personal opinion or thought. All you have done is posted the same rhetoric seen in facebook memes and videos that were inaccurately produced to perpetrate a conspiracy theory created by the likes of morons like Ted Nuget and Mike Huckabee.

We get it, you are come from a White Uneducated Lower class family that relies on big corporations to tell you how to think and feel. If you would take the time to Read and Travel maybe you could see there is more to the world.
You believe the the earth is 9000 years old and think Science is the Devils work. I've heard it all before from Huckabee.
If you are really so simple minded that you think Teachers and Education is not important, I hope you never have kids.

^ You are getting your numbers from Michael Moore movies again ?
Where is your proof ?
And no, your arse isn't a credible source.

You are also starting to babble non-sense and are becoming incoherent.
I never even said half of what you claim.
You are making stuff up...which is what you're side is good at.

You are also projecting....a clear sign of mental illness &/or delusion.
#95TheBlueStigPosted 1/23/2013 4:47:50 PM
reverence27 posted...
Again, you prove you get all your info from the Fox News Media

And you prove how unbelievably DESPERATE you are when you keep resorting to that lame ass comeback. You're not worth replying to after that, you've proven how much of a brainwashed Brady Ban puppet you really are, so tell us all, who's pulling your strings ? ? ?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#96reverence27Posted 1/24/2013 7:40:29 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
reverence27 posted...
Again, you prove you get all your info from the Fox News Media

And you prove how unbelievably DESPERATE you are when you keep resorting to that lame ass comeback. You're not worth replying to after that, you've proven how much of a brainwashed Brady Ban puppet you really are, so tell us all, who's pulling your strings ? ? ?

Your refusal to view both sides of the argument shows you are much more of a puppet to the NRA's anti-american propaganda against our president than any type of puppet I could ever be. I consistently agreed with many of your arguments, and agreed that there are many pros to what you have pointed out, but you do not want to even indulge in researching or looking at any of the pros from the other side of the argument. I have also stated numerous times that a gun ban is probably not the answer to our problem. Your idea of this debate is just saying what you have to say, and telling everyone else they are wrong, when you in fact refused like a child to even listen to anyone else but your self. Typical far gone right political tactic.

I posted one link to brady campaign numbers to show that the Gun/Hammer death (300/400 was actually 10000/400) numbers were incorrect (because that was the first site that came up on google) and then quickly after reading and agreeing with you that those numbers were skewed posted more accurate FBI source (which still showed that the Gun/Hammer (8000/400) death numbers were still way off from what your gun buddy tried to claim (300/400)) because you were correct. How is that puppetry. I looked deeper into it and did disagree with the biased site. Your refusal to acknowledge it has caused me to lose all respect that I was gaining for you throughout this topic and has shown you are much more brainwashed then I wanted to think.

The fact that you and your friend actually believed this meme http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MdfKK2LKM0M/UOw_5rR5_PI/AAAAAAAAlGw/PBZ1mXTiF3Y/s1600/18294-Hammer_Deaths.jpg shows how uneducated of a right wing extremist media puppet you are. He was actually ignorant to post the statement twice that hammers killed more people than guns, even though the information was provided to him that he was wrong, but to be fair he was only provided words and numbers not a youtube video or a picture of a grumpy cat explaining how inaccurate he was.

Question is who is pulling your strings when you are so far gone on this topic, you argue with people even when they agree with you.
I get that you need Big Guns and Crotch Rockets to compensate for other things you may be lacking, but Obama isn't trying to take that away from you and I especially don't care to take that away from you. The only thing I want from this entire situation is some sort of policies on proper training and regulation on how to responsibly store a firearm in a household with children and mentally disturbed people, and more education for children on the dangers of firearms like we had in the 80's and the difference between a toy and a real gun.
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#97reverence27Posted 1/24/2013 7:58:35 AM
shawnmck posted...

Where is your proof ?

Michael Moore.... That's Funny. I think I heard that snipe from......... let me think. That's right.
FOX NEWS. After the shooting he was mentioned numerous times on your favorite outlet. And here I am being told not to use Fox News against you. When you google Michael Moore the first 3 pages are Fox News Links. The puzzle is complete.
Usual brainwashed conservative media puppet comeback.

How you would think anyone would take your arguments seriously is beyond me.
The fact that you actually believed this meme http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MdfKK2LKM0M/UOw_5rR5_PI/AAAAAAAAlGw/PBZ1mXTiF3Y/s1600/18294-Hammer_Deaths.jpg
shows how uneducated of a right wing extremist media puppet you are. You were actually ignorant to post this statistic twice that hammers killed more people than guns, even though the information was provided to you that you were incorrect, but to be fair you ware only provided words and numbers not a youtube video or a picture of a grumpy cat explaining how inaccurate you are.

(again I looked into this and seems like fox news played a large role on these numbers going viral)

Try watching news on BBC or NHK.
Fox, MSNBC, and CNN are all too politically biased and all american news channels wastes too much time reporting on celebrity gossip.

Your ignorance to reality has shown your delusion and mental illness and the only reason you are making this into a huge argument is because you know once they put in stricter mental health restrictions, you will be denied any rights to possess any type of firearms.

You obviously live in a fantasy world of World of Warcraft and Diablo, and lack any form of real social interaction leaving you incapable of accepting reality. That is whats wrong with you kids these days, you grew up with internet and cell phones, that you never have to leave the house and experience the real world. You will believe anything you are told as long as it is on facebook or youtube. I'm sure you mom never taught you the word no. Then again you already proven you were home schooled which shows you have no sense of education or social interaction.
---
#98reverence27Posted 1/24/2013 8:11:40 AM
shawnmck posted...
reverence27 posted...

Where is your proof ?

Sorry forgot the proof
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33797817.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rifle_Association

http://www.timewarner.com/newsroom/press-releases/1999/11/FORTUNE_Releases_Annual_Survey_Most_Powerful_Lobbying_11-15-1999.php

Of course we all know Time Warner is full of Socials Commie Liberals.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nra-lobbying-money-national-rifle-association-washington-2012-12

http://www.congresslink.org/print_lp_specialinterestgroups_fortune.htm
---
#99TheBlueStigPosted 1/24/2013 8:40:11 AM
reverence27 posted...
but Obama isn't trying to take that away from you

His own words "I will ban assault weapons", Biden said the same thing, so did Feinstein, Bloomberg, Trotter, and a dozen other Democrat puppets.

You keep using all the buzzwords of the Brady's, but claim you're on the side of the gun owners, don't you realize that's yet ANOTHER red flag against you?

Your refusal to view both sides of the argument

You don't want both sides if the argument VIEWED, you want everybody to read your gun control buzzwords and suddenly switch sides to your way of thinking.....

Not. Gonna. Happen.

EVER.

---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#100reverence27Posted 1/24/2013 8:52:15 AM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
reverence27 posted...
but Obama isn't trying to take that away from you

His own words "I will ban assault weapons", Biden said the same thing, so did Feinstein, Bloomberg, Trotter, and a dozen other Democrat puppets.

You keep using all the buzzwords of the Brady's, but claim you're on the side of the gun owners, don't you realize that's yet ANOTHER red flag against you?

Your refusal to view both sides of the argument

You don't want both sides if the argument VIEWED, you want everybody to read your gun control buzzwords and suddenly switch sides to your way of thinking.....

Not. Gonna. Happen.

EVER.

You keep making these false claims and using the words buzzwords, but you have been one of the worst offenders of this huge conspiracy propaganda, You havn't shown any sources or proof that gun control will cause an increase in homicides. Instead you just close your ears and eyes and scream the same jargon spewed from your Conservative News Source and your draft dodging anti-american hero Ted Nuget.
Hell you just used the Conservative buzzword Bradyban in your last post. Don't you realize that is another red flag on you? I was going to ignore it but since you insisted. Stop being in such denial. It makes you look more mental then I originally thought.

The only one talking about gun bans is you, showing how caught up you are into your delusional conspiracy theories.
---