This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls is the best game ever made

#11ironmaidenfan70Posted 1/21/2013 7:39:00 PM
Don't care I'm saying it

It's a good game but I think donky kong is the best game ever made
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
#12shawnmckPosted 1/21/2013 7:40:14 PM
While I agree with every point you make TC...I still wouldn't call it, "best game ever made"....
Although it is among the best.
#13IvanKozlovPosted 1/21/2013 7:44:12 PM
Yeah, no... Crash Bandicoot Warped is the best game ever made.
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#14alienfreaks04Posted 1/21/2013 8:10:55 PM
I played Demon's Souls. I had fun until I died, and got sent all the way the hell back to the beginning. I looked up different strategies, and tried different things. After repeating this for like 2 hours, I got my money back for the game.
A difficult game is one thing. But bad game design in the checkpoint system basically breaks the game.
If you're an elite gamer who doesn't die much, lucky you. But for someone who isn't incredibly skilled, stay away.
---
My signature is better than yours.
#15shawnmckPosted 1/21/2013 8:16:04 PM
^ That happens to almost everyone who plays the game, and is part of the process.
It actually isn't that bad, as you just need to adjust your play-style to get into sync with the game's mechanics.
Once you do, then the game becomes much easier.

But patience is a requirement....and if you lack that, then this game will only frustrate you.
Learning from your deaths and mistakes is part of the game's luster and is part of the Developer's intention.
You make a mistake & die....you adjust and persevere until you succeed.
The reward is greater that way.
So it is intentional.
#16TrixonePosted 1/21/2013 8:19:52 PM(edited)
Nah, that title belongs to Demon's Souls. Its story-telling it's amazing. If you like to be spoon-fed the story then look elsewhere. Also, if you die it was because of your own doing, don't blame the game. You play by its rules and you will succeed.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend
#17WinternovaPosted 1/21/2013 8:29:54 PM
-Damien- posted...
if you disagree, you're not a gamer

I disagree. I am a gamer. There's something about your post which fails, which is its logic. Have a good night.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#18-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:27:15 AM
Trixone posted...
Nah, that title belongs to Demon's Souls. Its story-telling it's amazing. If you like to be spoon-fed the story then look elsewhere. Also, if you die it was because of your own doing, don't blame the game. You play by its rules and you will succeed.

Demon's Souls is better in certain areas, but I believe Dark Souls has a more complete package
#19pothocketPosted 1/22/2013 8:28:12 AM
I disagree and I'm a gamer. What more needs to be said?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#20ARsignal11Posted 1/22/2013 8:29:10 AM
A complete package would have included a good story.

Dark Souls does not have that.

Other than yeah, great game. But definitely not a complete package and with faults.