This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls is the best game ever made

#31VlayerPosted 1/22/2013 2:00:29 PM
It's a really great game, but not the best for a few reasons:

- Lackluster Story
Unique narrative does not make it good

- Temporary Difficulty
Most of the difficulty comes out of not knowing where to go or enemy patterns

- Weak Netcode
I can't count how many times I've failed to have someone connect or to connect myself to another game

- Visual Design
While places like Anor Londo are refreshing, too much of the game is dark and gray, which is understandable since they want to maintain their atmosphere.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#32SwtorN00bPosted 1/22/2013 2:04:22 PM
So i am not a gamer, Even though i have hundreds of games across pc,360,Ps3?, So just because i don't like your crappy game automatically makes me a non gamer?, Right.... move along folks.
#33HMXTaylor_LeePosted 1/22/2013 2:06:32 PM
I personally found the combat in Devil May Cry 3 and Bayonetta to be very, very good.

I can't think of any other game that lets you juggle enemies in the air with bullets, I'm a big fan of the over-the-top.

Are Dark Souls and these types of games comparable?
#34hak145Posted 1/22/2013 2:11:26 PM
Brucebee posted...
lol

Dark Souls is a huge turd the combat is crap the level designs even more crap and it is more of a chore to play than being an actual enjoyable gaming experience. It is probably the only game on Xbox 360 that I can say I truly hate.

lol, dark souls isn't turd but i can sure tell that someone's opinion is a huge turd. Enjoy being in the minority. Dark Souls is a good game and that is the truth.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#35RayzerTagPosted 1/22/2013 2:16:49 PM(edited)
I disagree and I'm a gamer. It seems I have cheated your system.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#36-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 2:16:47 PM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
I personally found the combat in Devil May Cry 3 and Bayonetta to be very, very good.

I can't think of any other game that lets you juggle enemies in the air with bullets, I'm a big fan of the over-the-top.

Are Dark Souls and these types of games comparable?

no. Dark Souls combat is not acrobatic combat like that.

Dark Souls combat feels very real. it's slower, tactical and deliberate combat. You and your enemies size each other up, and find opening to attack
#37Luthor_Posted 1/22/2013 2:25:38 PM
One of the most overrated games I've ever played. Easily.
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#38Luthor_Posted 1/22/2013 2:27:33 PM
Oh, and it doesn't help that the fans make topics and posts about it everyday and every time they can.

Its like if you play it, you are forced to sign a piece of paper to defend the game at all costs, praise it all the time, and never stop talking about it.
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#39hak145Posted 1/22/2013 2:30:46 PM
Luthor_ posted...
Oh, and it doesn't help that the fans make topics and posts about it everyday and every time they can.

Its like if you play it, you are forced to sign a piece of paper to defend the game at all costs, praise it all the time, and never stop talking about it.

or maybe they don't stop talking about it, BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE GAME THAT MUCH. You would have to be blind to not see why people could love this game.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#40shawnmckPosted 1/22/2013 2:35:39 PM
Luthor_ posted...
One of the most overrated games I've ever played. Easily.

^ That is a very subjective term, as everyone has their group of games that they consider "overrated".
I find Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Batman: AC/ AA, Dishonored, Halo, Half Life, Fallout, and so many more to be overrated too...but that does NOT mean that they are bad games.....but rather just not for me.
So, Dark Souls just isn't a game for you.

But to be totally fair, considering Dark Souls the "best game ever made" is equally as subjective, as everyone has their own favorites that they consider "best game ever"...
And so it is all a matter of opinion.

But you are free to consider Dark Souls "overrated" just as much as someone else (TC) is free to consider it "best game ever."