This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack trouble!!

#1NakedSnake1986Posted 1/21/2013 8:47:46 PM
I got the Crimson map pack for free back when 343 had an error on December 12 (day it came out) and they said to whom ever got it, it was on them.

So I put Halo 4 in for the first time in over a month and find out that the map pack isn't playable saying I don't have it. I deleted the save and am currently re downloading the map pack right now via download history. Will that fix the problem?

I should also note that my friend bought the season pass and after the 30mb update it now says he doesn't own the season pass, but he hasn't re downloaded anything yet.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#2squarex8264Posted 1/21/2013 8:50:02 PM
343 stated that anyone who got it for free was able to play it for a week. After that week period, they invalidated it on their end.

So if you want to play the map pack, you're going to need to pay for it now.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#3Ned_MandingoPosted 1/21/2013 8:50:10 PM
They said the free map pack was a "trial".

Took it away from people that got it for free.

Not sure about it working if you grabbed it from your dl history tho.
---
You gotta pay the troll toll
#4NakedSnake1986(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 8:53:19 PM(edited)
Okay thanks, I've been out of the Halo4 loop for a while. Still doesn't explain why my friend lost his season pass. He is going to have call MS for that I suppose.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#5DuwstaiPosted 1/21/2013 9:21:06 PM(edited)
Yeah at first they said it was their mistake and whoever got it could have it for free.

Then several days later they changed their story and claimed the whole thing was a 1 week trial and took it away.

Such BS artists.

Not like it matters, the maps were awful anyway. But I guess thats par for the course for Halo 4.
---
balls
#6SunDevil77Posted 1/21/2013 9:21:19 PM
Duwstai posted...
Yeah at first they said it was their mistake and whoever got it could have it for free.

Then several days later they changed their story and claimed the whole thing was a 1 week trial.

Such BS artists.

Oh no, they decided they wanted money for all the work they did.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#7SheepinatorPosted 1/21/2013 9:24:15 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Duwstai posted...

Then several days later they changed their story and claimed the whole thing was a 1 week trial.

Such BS artists.

Greedy nickel and dimers!
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#8DuwstaiPosted 1/21/2013 9:42:25 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Duwstai posted...

Such BS artists.

Greedy nickel and dimers!

You misunderstand me. I have no problem with them wanting money for what they did.

I just find it funny how they lied about the whole thing and claimed it was always this planned 1 week trial thing. They even had a whole name and marketing thing made up for it like 2 days later, and none of the video game journalists called them out on it.
---
balls