This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

usb stick not recognized ?!

#1esqueleto76Posted 1/22/2013 2:54:09 PM
Received my new 250gb 360 s today. Did the licence transfer and recovered gamertag fine, but when i put the usb stick, upon which i had transferred all my gamesaves from my old machine, into my new xbox......nothing. looked in the storage tab and theres nothing there. Im pretty gutted that im going to have to start all my games from scratch ! I mean i had some serious hours in on Skyrim, Fallout: new vegas, battlefield 3, amongst others.... Any ideas ??
#2Zero254Posted 1/22/2013 3:26:48 PM
Clean out the usb sticks's ports of any dirt (just the stick not the console) and try multiple ports.

If that doesn't work.....transfer things to another stick using modio on pc and try that.
---
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4318/sadhurtzeldarw8.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1761/sadhurtzeldaburnbh0.jpg
Official Roll player of vs games.
#3esqueleto76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:29:43 AM
Zero254 posted...
Clean out the usb sticks's ports of any dirt (just the stick not the console) and try multiple ports.

If that doesn't work.....transfer things to another stick using modio on pc and try that.

Thanks for the help. I'd tried cleaning the stick, and switching ports but still nothing : (
I think it might be the stick itself....it was just a freebie 4gb from Oakley when i brought some stuff.
I'll try transfering to another stick when i get a chance.
Luckily when i put Halo4 in last night, all my levels and mp unlocks were still there.
#4_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 1/23/2013 6:04:52 AM
I am not sure, but try and see whether it matters if it is FAT32 or NTFS . May need to format if so.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | 8GB RAM | 1TB 7200 rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Corsair K90 & M90 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518
#5SS_MetalSonicPosted 1/23/2013 6:25:59 AM
damn thats not good. you should have saved those most important files to the cloud system.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
#6SxmfctPosted 1/23/2013 6:39:07 AM
Use another USB stick in old Xbox
Transfer saves to it
Use USB stick in new Xbox
Transfer saves to it
---
"PC's are stupid. There's basically nothing PC can do that an Xbox can't." - GorillaOnRoof
#7esqueleto76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:49:04 AM
Sxmfct posted...
Use another USB stick in old Xbox
Transfer saves to it
Use USB stick in new Xbox
Transfer saves to it

If only it were that simple ! I sold my old 20gb xbox to finance my new 250gb. The old machine went 2 weeks ago to its new home, and even if i still had it, i actually erased everything after transferring it to the usb. *points gun at own foot and pulls trigger*
It wasnt too long ago that i was scoffing at Cloud storage.....needless to say i am kicking myself now.
#8esqueleto76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:51:35 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I am not sure, but try and see whether it matters if it is FAT32 or NTFS . May need to format if so.

I shall look into this. I reformated the stick before i transferred my data onto it, but im clutching at straws now
#9rdking96Posted 1/23/2013 8:10:26 AM
Is there anyway to access cloud storage via your PC and transfer the files from the USB on your computer? Unlikely, but its certainly something MS should let us be capable of doing for next gen.

Like another poster said, get a another USB stick and before you put ANYTHING on it, make sure you put it in the xbox and allow it to reformat the data. This will take up a little bit of space, but hopefully you don't have too many game saves.

After that transfer the files from the first USB stick to this newly reformatted one, and then try loading them on your xbox.

If that doesn't work then IDK what to tell you...
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."