This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Island Riptide and the problem with video game marketing(Article inside)

#1zerooo0Posted 1/22/2013 3:40:49 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/features/dead-island-riptide-and-the-problem-with-video-game-marketing-6402693/

I don't really have a problem with it, so it doesn't bother me on the issue of if this was offensive or not. Since to me it fits the mood of a Zombie game itself. I had no intentions on picking the Collector Edition myself, but never saw a problem to it.

Just posting news, to see what others may think about.
---
CoD>Dog Turd>Gaming Community>GFAQS Community
#2glassghost0Posted 1/22/2013 3:44:42 PM
Anyone that takes offense to that is idiotic and I don't care about them as a person.
---
Signature OFF
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 1/22/2013 3:48:14 PM
Strangely enough, I have a shelf in my office that would fit right in on.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4GiantOrangePosted 1/22/2013 3:49:53 PM
Jesus Christ. Just take the God damn torso out and replace it with tampons for everybody.
---
Eli = Elite. Super Bowl XLVI Champs. Eat a bag of ****s.
Go Syracuse! Go Red Wings! Go NY Giants!
#5shawnmckPosted 1/22/2013 3:57:03 PM(edited)
First of all, that statue is exclusive to the UK.

Secondly, since when is a bikini now considered half-nude ?

Third, the game takes place on a Beach Resort......that means people wearing swimsuits & bikinis.

Lastly, the statue is just a torso, and doesn't even contain anything below the waist.
#6bluehat94Posted 1/22/2013 3:53:27 PM
I kind of wish it were a detailed statue of a zombie instead, but thats the only problem I have with it.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#7shawnmckPosted 1/22/2013 4:02:27 PM(edited)
One other thing...

Why not ask the GAMERS.....you know, the people who might want to buy such a thing ?

Instead, they go to other Developers, who are direct competitors.
That's like going to Pepsi, A&W, and others to ask what they think about Coke changing their formula.

Its stupid, and completely dishonest and biased on the part of the journalists involved.

This is nothing but an attempt to generate shock & outrage where none exist.
Typical of journalists these days.