This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking about getting the Turtle Beach XP300's

#11O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:43:10 PM
CaPwnD posted...
If it doesn't say Sennheiser PC 360 + Astro mixamp + DSS2 on the side you've just been taken for a ride.

No but really if you want the best of the best, you use the PC360 with the DSS2 doing game audio and the Astro mixamp doing the chat.

Can somebody please explain what that is? I've heard of the headset but I haven't seen the Astro Mixamp and the DSS2, isn't that a turtle beach item?
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Orlando Magic - Season: 14-27
#12CapwnDPosted 1/24/2013 1:17:27 PM(edited)
CaPwnD posted...
If it doesn't say Sennheiser PC 360 + Astro mixamp + DSS2 on the side you've just been taken for a ride.

No but really if you want the best of the best, you use the PC360 with the DSS2 doing game audio and the Astro mixamp doing the chat.

Can somebody please explain what that is? I've heard of the headset but I haven't seen the Astro Mixamp and the DSS2, isn't that a turtle beach item?

As far as I know I am the only one that does this setup.

Toslink Optical from the Xbox 360 to the DSS2. Then I use a short and thick quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable (monoprice.com, the 1.5foot premium cable) from the DSS2 outpout to the Mixamp MP3 input.

Your Sennheiser PC360 plugs into the Mixamp, and the chat cable from the mixamp to your controller.

On the Mixamp, disable the Dolby Digital, turn the volume all the way to voice, and use the volume on the mixamp to control the voice volume. Use the DSS2 volume knob to control the game volume.

This setup allows you to have two amps, one for voice and one for the game audio. This makes it powerful enough to have good, full volume on the game and still have loud enough voice to be heard over the game audio. Total cost is about $410 to $415 or so. And you don't have to go balls out right away, you could start with just the mixamp and the PC360, get the DSS2 and 1.5 foot patch cable later.

But I highly reccomend a good quality and short patch cable. I get zero extra (noticeable) noise using a good premium cable, and it costs like $5 with shipping.

Another thing to consider is that the Mixamp 2013 may not be ideal for this setup because at full volume the Mixamp 2013 has some extra noise that the old mixamp doesn't have. So if you can, use the older version Mixamp. And you could also use the old DSS version too.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#13CapwnDPosted 1/24/2013 1:18:54 PM
I have tried many, many, different setups and extra amps. Everything I have tried introduces extra noise and doesn't work too well. The setup above is what I have found to be as perfect as I can find. But I am always in the search of a more perfect audio solution.
---
#14O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 11:30:27 PM
Bump
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Orlando Magic - Season: 14-28
#15CapwnDPosted 1/26/2013 12:21:43 AM
The power of the Sennheiser / Mixamp combo compels you!
---
#16O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 4:00:32 AM(edited)
CaPwnD posted...
The power of the Sennheiser / Mixamp combo compels you!

That's a lot of money bro........ Plus I want a completely wireless mic. I have bad experiences with wires.
---
#17ObtikPosted 1/26/2013 7:07:48 AM
Are you getting new headsets cause the generic 3.5 to 3.5mm chat cable breaks?
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#18FSE_QuikstopPosted 1/26/2013 10:14:17 AM
A50's
---
Bound By Honor
Gamertag: Quikstop
#19O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:40:39 AM
Obtik posted...
Are you getting new headsets cause the generic 3.5 to 3.5mm chat cable breaks?

It's a 2.5MM cable and yes that's the reason. This is the second time it's done this and I'm just done with wires. I want a wireless headset. I got my money back for the Turtle Beach and I'm chipping in a little extra and really want either the XP300's or the XP400's. I'm thinking about going with the XP300's because my Turtle Beach was awesome the way it was, in regards to hearing the television, and these will be pretty much the same as that plus adding wireless chat. Also, the fact that I can use it on my phone makes it awesome too. I have wanted a Bluetooth stereo headset for my phone for awhile now. Also, I can use it to talk on the phone. I really want those, but I want people who have had them or have them currently to give me advice about them and tell if they're any good.
---
#20O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:45:25 PM
None of my questions have been answered yet....
---
Orlando Magic - Season: 14-29