This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wanting to support a video game with a Black female lead makes me racist

#51Nintendological(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:22:45 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
FredSavage27 posted...
It's hard being a straight, white, cissexual male.

What is so hard about it?

thatsthejoke.jpg.

Ahhh. Subtle irony.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#52BombermanGoldPosted 1/23/2013 5:17:49 PM
Remember when the Spawn film came out in the mid 90s and two of the primary characters were turned into White people because of the fear that White audiences would think of Spawn as a "Black movie"?

Nope.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120177/?ref_=sr_1

Michael Jai White ... Al Simmons / Spawn

I saw that mess of a movie, and Spawn was still a black dude.
The rest of your examples, I'll give ya, but damn dude.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#53MeadBellyPosted 1/23/2013 5:20:26 PM
This reverse racism is pissing me off.

Don't just assume all whites have it easy.. and stop whining about crap.
---
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/10-ask-the-mods/65262457
GFAQs mods U_U
#54vigorm0rtisPosted 1/23/2013 5:22:54 PM
MeadBelly posted...

Don't just assume all whites have it easy.. and stop whining about crap.

---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#55scoobydoobydontPosted 1/23/2013 5:26:39 PM(edited)
Yes, your racism disgusts me tc. Affirmative action has even infected games. It makes me sick. Remember Me is clearly a white role, and more qualified characters were overlooked because of political correctness. Malcolm Luther King Sr is spinning in his grave, this wasn't what he fought the civil war for.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#56ThirtyThr33Posted 1/23/2013 5:27:58 PM
These are video games, not legitimate issues facing the world. If you feel this passionate over something so insignificant, perhaps you could focus your collective energies on something... useful?
---
Saving the whales-an agenda for some. Nuking them sits well with me.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#57tigers5123Posted 1/23/2013 5:39:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wqJgo5o188

Just going to leave that here.
---
"Karate? The Dane Cook of martial arts? No, ISIS agents use Krav Maga."
#58DefYouthPosted 1/23/2013 6:09:19 PM
Wanting to support a video game solely because of the race of its protagonist does actually make you a racist. It's not complex.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#59DefYouthPosted 1/23/2013 6:17:05 PM
I do want to be clear here though. We're all racist to some extent and that's okay. For example, I think black people are better basketball players. It's racist, yes, but it's not hateful. And I don't think you're supporting this game because you hate all other races. Well, I hope not anyways. I wouldn't mind playing a game with a black female lead myself.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#60Nintendological(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:20:00 AM
DefYouth posted...
I do want to be clear here though. We're all racist to some extent and that's okay. For example, I think black people are better basketball players. It's racist, yes, but it's not hateful. And I don't think you're supporting this game because you hate all other races. Well, I hope not anyways. I wouldn't mind playing a game with a black female lead myself.

Racism is discriminatory practice based upon the idea of racial superiority. That is, discriminatory to an oppressive extent. You aren't discriminating against anyone by believing Blacks to be superior at basketball. It is ignorant and stereotypical, but not racist.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia