This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Mass Effect Squad

#31jorgestevensonPosted 1/28/2013 8:01:43 AM
I voted ME1.

The combat in ME1 actually changed significantly depending on who you chose as your squadmates. This was due to (a) abilities actually being useful against shielded enemies, (b) no global cooldown, and (c) actual character classes.

Runner up would be ME2 because some of the squadmates are useful (i.e. the ones that have warp).

In ME3, I didn't find any of the squadmates particularly useful.
#32pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:30:05 AM
JKSonic posted...
Tali & Garris

Me too haha...poll = fail sorry you need another option in it for "my favorite squad was in every game".

Not squad as in two people. Squad as in everyone. Why am I spelling this out? Thought it was obvious.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#33pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:34:43 AM
jorgestevenson posted...
I voted ME1.

The combat in ME1 actually changed significantly depending on who you chose as your squadmates. This was due to (a) abilities actually being useful against shielded enemies, (b) no global cooldown, and (c) actual character classes.

Runner up would be ME2 because some of the squadmates are useful (i.e. the ones that have warp).

That's one way of looking at it. Or you could consider ME1 combat to be a mess and were forced to exploit broken powers to get through it.

I don't know about you guys but I just used pull or whatever for every single encounter to make them float. That's the sign of unbalanced game design, not a great squad.
---
#34jorgestevensonPosted 1/28/2013 10:10:51 AM
pothocket posted...
jorgestevenson posted...
I voted ME1.

That's one way of looking at it. Or you could consider ME1 combat to be a mess and were forced to exploit broken powers to get through it.

I don't know about you guys but I just used pull or whatever for every single encounter to make them float. That's the sign of unbalanced game design, not a great squad.

I agree with you, ME2's combat was sort of broken. You get Miranda and Thane to spam Warp until the shields are down, and then you take the enemy out with your gun. Rinse and repeat. In ME1 you had to use a variety of powers.
#35pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 10:29:08 AM
No, you don't agree with me. I didn't spam warp to get through ME2 and I didn't use a variety of powers to get through ME1. Stop pretending like ME1 has better combat mechanics than the rest of the series. It doesn't.
---
#36King_AkeelaPosted 1/28/2013 11:34:11 AM
Mass effect 2 without queston.
---
Gamertag:Kreator82