This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cancelled Games You Wish Were Released

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Cancelled Games You Wish Were Released
2 years ago#1
I'll start off with my top three

- Starcraft Ghost: This game was a promising stealth action game with a fairly advanced graphics engine for the time. I had an opportunity to play the beta demo at E3. Even though the game was receiving quite a bit of hype, Blizzard opted not to release the title.

- B.C.: Peter Molyneux games are often overhyped, but rarely does he create a franchise that fails to entertain and captivate audiences. B.C. had the makings of an intriguing franchise with a deep gameplay engine revolving around hunting and tribalism. B.C. remains one of gaming's great "what if..." titles.

- American McGee's Oz: American McGee may not be the most prominent of game designers, but his take on Alice in Wonderland has earned a place in gaming history. McGee's planned effort to give a similar treatment to the Wizard of Oz never saw the light of day, which is quite a shame given the recent resurgence of popularity for the American classic in the form Wicked, and more recently, the upcoming film, Oz the Great. McGee's Oz would have been a boon for rounding out the return of the beloved tale.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
2 years ago#2
Star Wars v pikachu all star poker.
---
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
2 years ago#3
So, anyone with a sense of gaming culture and history care to contribute? Perhaps a nod for True Fantasy Live or B.C. or Vultures?
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
2 years ago#4
Dirty Harry
Fear and Respect
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
---
Signature OFF
2 years ago#5
Prey 2

:(
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
2 years ago#6
Nintendological posted...
- American McGee's Oz

Yes please.

And while their at it, I want Red (American McGee version of Red Riding Hood) too (don't know if it was cancelled, still being worked on, or if it was just rumored, but I do remember seeing concept art).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
2 years ago#7
PsychoDrama1 posted...
Prey 2

I have a feeling this isn't really cancelled

:(

---
Signature OFF
2 years ago#8
B.C.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
2 years ago#9
Scarface for Xbox360, The Sopranos for Xbox360, Knights of the Old Republic 3,

I'm sure plenty more exist that I was excited about but wound up either not getting released on 360, never seeing a US date or just flat out being cancelled.

Also Kingdom under fire 2, seems like it might come out in March but only for PC/PS3
(edited by OrgeLambart)
2 years ago#10
Battlefront 3
Perfect Dark
Conker sequel
Xenosaga 4-6
Darksider 3(most likely)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Cancelled Games You Wish Were Released

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived