This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cancelled Games You Wish Were Released

#1NintendologicalPosted 1/24/2013 1:39:23 AM
I'll start off with my top three

- Starcraft Ghost: This game was a promising stealth action game with a fairly advanced graphics engine for the time. I had an opportunity to play the beta demo at E3. Even though the game was receiving quite a bit of hype, Blizzard opted not to release the title.

- B.C.: Peter Molyneux games are often overhyped, but rarely does he create a franchise that fails to entertain and captivate audiences. B.C. had the makings of an intriguing franchise with a deep gameplay engine revolving around hunting and tribalism. B.C. remains one of gaming's great "what if..." titles.

- American McGee's Oz: American McGee may not be the most prominent of game designers, but his take on Alice in Wonderland has earned a place in gaming history. McGee's planned effort to give a similar treatment to the Wizard of Oz never saw the light of day, which is quite a shame given the recent resurgence of popularity for the American classic in the form Wicked, and more recently, the upcoming film, Oz the Great. McGee's Oz would have been a boon for rounding out the return of the beloved tale.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#2OverburdenedPosted 1/24/2013 1:45:31 AM
Star Wars v pikachu all star poker.
---
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#3Nintendological(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:57:13 AM
So, anyone with a sense of gaming culture and history care to contribute? Perhaps a nod for True Fantasy Live or B.C. or Vultures?
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#4glassghost0Posted 1/24/2013 2:11:18 AM
Dirty Harry
Fear and Respect
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
---
Signature OFF
#5PsychoDrama1Posted 1/24/2013 2:31:38 AM
Prey 2

:(
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#6Super CreaturesPosted 1/24/2013 2:40:48 AM
Nintendological posted...
- American McGee's Oz

Yes please.

And while their at it, I want Red (American McGee version of Red Riding Hood) too (don't know if it was cancelled, still being worked on, or if it was just rumored, but I do remember seeing concept art).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#7glassghost0Posted 1/24/2013 2:42:11 AM
PsychoDrama1 posted...
Prey 2

I have a feeling this isn't really cancelled

:(

---
Signature OFF
#8kingwutuguPosted 1/24/2013 2:44:47 AM
B.C.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#9OrgeLambartPosted 1/24/2013 4:40:30 AM(edited)
Scarface for Xbox360, The Sopranos for Xbox360, Knights of the Old Republic 3,

I'm sure plenty more exist that I was excited about but wound up either not getting released on 360, never seeing a US date or just flat out being cancelled.

Also Kingdom under fire 2, seems like it might come out in March but only for PC/PS3
#10656stoogePosted 1/24/2013 4:39:31 AM
Battlefront 3
Perfect Dark
Conker sequel
Xenosaga 4-6
Darksider 3(most likely)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8