This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cancelled Games You Wish Were Released

#101shawnmckPosted 1/27/2013 9:14:14 PM
Dinosaur Hunting
#102funguy10Posted 1/27/2013 10:14:16 PM
B.C., four horseman of the apjcalypse, crpytics super hereo game, conan mmo, apb mmo, extra. mostly mmo games for consoles.
#103bluehat94Posted 1/27/2013 10:40:18 PM(edited)
Awakened

It was this awesome game they were working on at midway before they closed down, the idea was amazing, like infamous, but there were tons of different powers ranging from laser vision to teleportation.

Here's the proof of concept video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ciKGsmp9lE

Edit: some good news, it actually isn't cancelled, and is still being worked on.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#104karvinyereizowtPosted 1/28/2013 4:43:17 AM
Elveon and Demonik...anyone remember these? Was really looking toward to Elveon back in the day and just completely fell off the grid. Game looked incredible. And basically just threw Demonik out there for the hell of it.
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#105SoF-RamboPosted 1/28/2013 4:53:35 AM
Psi Ops 2 :(

If they can make a sequel to a game that tanked (like homefront), I don't see why they couldn't make this game.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#106richboy900Posted 1/28/2013 5:12:05 AM
Timesplitters 4 and star wars battlefront 3. I don't know if those games are still in development, cancelled or what not. Its so long since the last ts and battlefront games that I just gave up following them. I'll buy them if they ever do come out though.
#107SoF-RamboPosted 1/28/2013 5:42:08 AM
Assembler114 posted...
Though this game wasn't cancelled, it will probably never come into fuition; a REAL sequel to the 2005 Area 51 game. That was like a underrated master piece by Midway Games Austin. Unfortunately that branch is defunct and I'm not sure where the licensing for the series is at now.

Wasn't the sequel Blacksite?
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#108RelentlessEcho7Posted 1/28/2013 6:46:43 AM
Assembler114 posted...
Though this game wasn't cancelled, it will probably never come into fuition; a REAL sequel to the 2005 Area 51 game. That was like a underrated master piece by Midway Games Austin. Unfortunately that branch is defunct and I'm not sure where the licensing for the series is at now.

I love this game so much. I have so many fond memories of playing it, think I might just start a new play through! The "sequel" was decent but so disappointing.

Speaking of midway, Psi Ops 2

Obscure 3 - unknown horror series that was a blast to play. Not really scary but still fun.

Bully 2 - the high school setting seemed to turn a lot of people off, but it worked very well. It wasn't exactly cancelled but one of the composers did confirm he was working on music for it.

The Warriors 2 - the game was never officially announced but rockstar did talk about plans for it. It was going to be in 1970s UK with a punk rock theme. Sounded amazing.

Battlefront 3 - this series was great I don't know why they never released a 3rd one.