This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a game you personally thought "so close to my perfect game"?

#1memphis12Posted 1/24/2013 5:59:32 AM
Is there a game you feel was "so close to perfection" ? I know people will say "nothing can be perfect" but that's all a matter of opinion. In your eyes what game could have been, or was close to being?

I ask this because after pre ordering and getting Kingdoms Of Amalur on release, I played it for few hours & immediately realised the game was to easy.
I'm completely against "gimping" myself in games to keep it challenging (reason I stopped playing Skyrim) but, KOA has been at the back of my mind for a while.

I decided to finally give in and start playing it. My girlfriend apparently knows when I'm "into a game" and she said I was just playing this game for playing sake. ... 40 hours in & she has changed to "I think you're a little addicted to this game". I just can't seem to put it down.

Most of the things I would change would fall under "difficulty"
Reckoning mode OP'd.
Smithing broken.
Levelling not as interesting as the game doesn't challenge you enough to make your choices matter.
Lock Picking broken.
Level locking (I'm following a map guide to make sure I enter areas at right level)
No CD's on potions (I use the radial menu to use potions & it gives a small CD)
Enemies a lot of the time just stand and watch when they outnumber you.

That might seem like a lot of things, but a difficulty patch could have fixed most, if not all of it. A patch was on way until Studio 38 went under.

Anyway, is there a game you love, but feel with a patch could be exactly what yoy were looking for?

XCom was as close to perfect for me, the game just wasn't long enough for me personally.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#2Banana_ManaPosted 1/24/2013 6:02:41 AM
KotOR.

Damn that game was fine.
---
2013 is here. New Year's resolution = play more, eat more, drink more, achieve less.
#3stapler87Posted 1/24/2013 6:24:51 AM
KotOR2 for me. Not that the game didn't have its flaws, but that game really drew me in. I could play that game over and over and not get bored of it.

As far as this gen goes, I'd say Fallout: New Vegas. I've poured hundreds of hours into that game over my various playthroughs and I still have a blast.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin
#4Banana_ManaPosted 1/24/2013 6:26:33 AM
stapler87 posted...
KotOR2 for me. Not that the game didn't have its flaws, but that game really drew me in. I could play that game over and over and not get bored of it.

As far as this gen goes, I'd say Fallout: New Vegas. I've poured hundreds of hours into that game over my various playthroughs and I still have a blast.

Flaws?

Dude, it didn't have an ending.

Still a f****** great game.
---
2013 is here. New Year's resolution = play more, eat more, drink more, achieve less.
#5Vivi0198Posted 1/24/2013 6:27:51 AM
Earthbound, Chrono Trigger and Batman Arkham Asylum.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#6memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:29:26 AM
KOTOR are amazing games I'l admit. I'm not choosing my favourite game, as I struggle to find flaws with Dark Souls but it isn't my favourite game of all time.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#7Jiggy101011Posted 1/24/2013 6:33:57 AM
The darkness 1. The controls were a little whack especislly when compared to the FPS games that came out around it but the story pulled me in from beginning to end. Just the little things like being able to watch shows on TV, and all of the side missions were executed perfectly, they didnt feel like fetch quests.

The only other game I would call perdect IMO is Alan Wake. I was probably the only one who didnt care about the lack of character models the AI had. In the end you have to kill someone, who cares what they look like. That story was riveting, and the voice acting was superb.

If a story can pull me in, then I can forgive clunky controls and other little things.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx124/chimpsonf1re/2011-04-16_195438.jpg
#8AApt24Posted 1/24/2013 6:44:24 AM
Only time this happened for me was Super Mario World when I was 5. Since then I've found flaws in every game I've played. The only game that came close for me was Oblivion but the gates of hell thing got real old real fast.
---
"This Year in Jerusalem."
#9stapler87Posted 1/24/2013 6:46:25 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
stapler87 posted...

Flaws?

Dude, it didn't have an ending.

Still a f****** great game.

I know that killed me. It's a real shame Obsidian was rushed to release it and had to cut a bunch of content out. I still haven't got a chance to check out the restoration mod for the pc version.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin
#10memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:46:28 AM
AApt24 posted...
Only time this happened for me was Super Mario World when I was 5. Since then I've found flaws in every game I've played. The only game that came close for me was Oblivion but the gates of hell thing got real old real fast.

I was enjoying Oblivion until I realised enemies were scaling with me. It's all personal preference, but that's a game breaker for me.
---