This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a game you personally thought "so close to my perfect game"?

#11JenniferTatePosted 1/24/2013 6:48:13 AM
Dragon's Dogma, Super Mario World, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Saints Row 2, The Darkness, Chronicles of Riddick, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and it's looking like Dark Souls.

I like large worlds and the illusion of as much freedom and options as I can get.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#12Banana_ManaPosted 1/24/2013 6:49:35 AM
stapler87 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
stapler87 posted...
KotOR2 for me. Not that the game didn't have its flaws, but that game really drew me in. I could play that game over and over and not get bored of it.

As far as this gen goes, I'd say Fallout: New Vegas. I've poured hundreds of hours into that game over my various playthroughs and I still have a blast.

Flaws?

Dude, it didn't have an ending.

Still a f****** great game.

I know that killed me. It's a real shame Obsidian was rushed to release it and had to cut a bunch of content out. I still haven't got a chance to check out the restoration mod for the pc version.

Neither have I - I do want to play it though!!!
---
2013 is here. New Year's resolution = play more, eat more, drink more, achieve less.
#13SunDevil77Posted 1/24/2013 7:00:52 AM
A couple that are damn close, imo:
Red Dead Redemption
Diablo 2: LoD
Starcraft
Warcraft 3: TFT
Pokemon Crystal
Mario Galaxy 2
LoZ: OoT
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#14memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 7:03:26 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
A couple that are damn close, imo:
Red Dead Redemption
Diablo 2: LoD
Starcraft
Warcraft 3: TFT
Pokemon Crystal
Mario Galaxy 2
LoZ: OoT

RDR was pretty epic, but.. Nothing much I'd change on it if I'm honest. I almost don't want a sequel.

Diablo 2 still won't work for me, so looks like I'm missing out on one of the true greats.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#15SomnambulisticPosted 1/24/2013 7:05:45 AM
Halo CE felt like this to me back in the day. It's still one of my top favorite games of all time. Flawless campaign that just gets better with co-op, ridiculously fun and addicting multiplayer on amazing maps.

I remember Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction being the first game of last gen to give me this feeling. It just embodied everything I consider to be fun and entertainment in a game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hIDW3.jpg
#16cup_a_soupPosted 1/24/2013 7:10:26 AM
Final Fantasy XI. An everlasting adventure that you could enjoy on your own, play co-op with, go against each other... Massive world, a healthy selection of quests and story lines...

I miss playing it, but I just don't have the time anymore :(
#17KtuluheroIIPosted 1/24/2013 7:12:17 AM
Ninja Gaiden Black. My only complaint about it, is the backtracking you start to do once you get to Tairon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
#18JukainPosted 1/24/2013 7:12:53 AM
Dark Souls, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vectorman, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Persona 3/4, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, SoulCalibur series, The Legend of Dragoon, and We Love Katamari immediately come to mind.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#19AApt24Posted 1/24/2013 7:12:57 AM
Halo CE has it's flaws. Like recycled environments and an enemy that looks like pop corn. And don't get me started on how the pistol feels like a rocket launcher and the assault rifle feels like like a squirt gun
---
"This Year in Jerusalem."
#20knightimexPosted 1/24/2013 8:18:28 AM(edited)
Sure, lots of games...

Super Metriod
Resident evil 4
Super Mario Bros 3
Street fighter 2 turbo
Chrono Trigger
Legend of Zelda OOT
Sonic the hedgehog
Final Fantasy X

tons more
---
Old School Games FTW!