This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a game you personally thought "so close to my perfect game"?

#131BellerophonZPosted 1/24/2013 5:35:50 PM
Super Smash Bros Melee
---
Master Bumper
#132Look_A_UsernamePosted 1/24/2013 5:49:24 PM
Resident Evil 4 & Shadow of the Colossus & Conker's Bad Fur Day come to mind for me. They're 3 of my favorite games of all time.

The only flaws(to me) were that I wish they never ended lol, it's very rare these days for me to come across a game that I loved so much that I wished it never ended, they really made an impact on me growing up. Well, for SotC in particular I just wish there was more colossi to fight but other than that those games were the perfect length, not TOO long but not too short like most games these days either
---
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/TehAwsumDude/dealwithitspider.jpg http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/TehAwsumDude/sonicderpp.jpg
#133StealthyVlad101Posted 1/24/2013 5:51:16 PM
StealthyVlad101 posted...
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2... I can't think of anything I consider a flaw with either of those games.

Confusing story. Crappy jumping in the first game. Still really good stuff

I wouldn't really consider the story confusing, it's just more of a game where you have to invest yourself into the story, and of course play all the filler games they seem to release.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#134scoobydoobydontPosted 1/24/2013 5:51:31 PM
Mirror's Edge. Controls could be a bit tighter, but I didn't even mind it. Perfection.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#135MinamoPosted 1/24/2013 5:52:28 PM
Dragon's Dogma.

If only it had real online co-op...
#136OvieCanucksFanPosted 1/24/2013 5:53:52 PM
Mass Effect 2

I just really never wanted that game to end.
#137TheGhost808Posted 1/24/2013 6:06:41 PM
Socom 2
Tribes AA
BF2

My 3 favorite online games sure each had issues but gameplay was great maps were great etc.
#138G-NsericoPosted 1/24/2013 6:13:06 PM
Persona 3 and 4.

Truly immersive and addictive games, those where you stay all night playing nonstop. Good plots, and I love dating sim elements and RPG being combined. I wish that the decisions that were made throughout the game would have had a more profound impact on how the story unfolded.

The Dot Hack videogame series, specially .Hack / / G.U.

Wonderful story and concept. Being able to "leave the game" to the computer desk, receive and respond to messages from your companions and other characters, receive news about the world around the game, and of course the gameplay itself was very good.
#139megaretroPosted 1/24/2013 6:16:05 PM
first game that comes to my mind Mega Man 2 for the nes (still hooked up and ready to go on my tv)
Mega Man Battlenetwork 2 (starting to see a patern)
Warcraft 2
Pokemon blue it was awesome while i was a kid
#140richiesusernamePosted 1/24/2013 6:18:39 PM
Has anyone mentioned The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings yet?

That game, for me, is as close to perfect as a game can get. Your choices actually matter (even including giving you a completely different 2nd and 3rd chapter based on one of them), the story is the best I've ever seen (probably because it's based on a book), and the play is close to flawless.

The only things I'd change are:
-Crafting. It would be cool to craft things myself and not have to find someone to do it. Something like Skyrim's system would be great.

-More of an open-world while still keeping the story.

-The ability to cut Geralt (main character)'s hair. Holy crap does that ponytail get tiresome. (And yes, I know you can "change" his hair, but really it's just the "pick a ponytail" game.)

Hopefully, with The Witcher 3 being announced soon, these will be added in the changed stuff. They've already hinted at it being an open-world, so let's see!