This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a game you personally thought "so close to my perfect game"?

#21pothocketPosted 1/24/2013 8:21:58 AM
Dishonored

The game just lets me play how I want to play and gives me God like power to do it.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#22JKSonicPosted 1/24/2013 8:24:04 AM
Alan Wake and to a lesser degree American Nightmare. Like you I had quite a few issues with those games but in the end they were SO CLOSE to being "perfect" games to me. But the atmosphere of those games was AMAZING and as a King/Koontz/Laymon fan I've never played a game that was closer to capture a feel of their novels than this.

Even Deadly Premonition too. There soooooooo much wrong with that game, lol, but even if they would have just made the controls better (for everything, shooting, driving, walking) I could deal with the crappy graphics.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#23HeLeehamPosted 1/24/2013 8:25:16 AM
Shenmue and Final Fantasy X.
#24kingekingePosted 1/24/2013 8:28:30 AM
Streets of Rage 2, that game just won't age!
#25ultimalegionPosted 1/24/2013 8:28:49 AM
Not really my perfect game, not close, but close to being an outstanding game for me was Paper Mario: Sticker Star, until I got stuck for like 6 hours on world 3.

Aside from that, Monster Hunter portable 3rd is pretty **** perfect for me. To achieve perfection with the addition and all the content.
---
Playing Gods Eater Burst and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd! Maplestory-Bera- Gleivnir
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3737-9589-0694 PSN: sealofgleipnir XBL: Ragnarok Reaper
#26vashtrichamPosted 1/24/2013 8:39:16 AM
FFX and DMC3 original edition
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#27onehatesyouPosted 1/24/2013 8:43:01 AM
too many games I've enjoyed to really pick stand out favorites, except for, deadly premonition. Deadly premonition is so unbelievably amazing, it seems so made to my liking that I still can't come to grips with the reality that the game even exists.
---
gt: r1c0tta
#28BahamutBBobPosted 1/24/2013 8:54:29 AM
Mass Effect

Change the combat to ME2/3, and it would have been perfect. Great story, interesting characters, good amount of equipment options.

Actually, make items drop less often at high levels. In the beginning the droprate is fine, but when you're level 60 with max money and omnigel...
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#29Mutant1988Posted 1/24/2013 8:58:19 AM
Timesplitters 2.

All it's missing is fixed crosshair aiming.

And for me personally (As in - It doesn't need it but I would love it), Timesplitters Future Perfect mapmaker (Or better).
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#30AkaimizuPosted 1/24/2013 9:14:14 AM(edited)
Some of my personal thoughts about near perfect games in my past. No particular order.

1. Morrowind. My initial full experience in Elder Scrolls. At the time, also one of their first truly successful forays into what one might call a First person Fantasy Adventure Simulation. A simulation where you can live as if you were in a Fantasy world, for which you too, can add your own kind of magic and experiments to the world; provided you learn the rules of how the world works.

2. Oblivion's - Shivering Isles expansion. (Specifically that expansion is added into one of my favorite gaming moments in all of videogames. One of the few games in which even its story completely made me look into myself in a completely different way than before. A story that can compel a sane person to understand the madness. This was truly an Alice went down the Rabbit hole experience. In artstyle, unique weaponry, and in its cerebral effect upon the player.)

3. Wizardry 8 (Still my favorite of the old-school first-person turn-based RPGs. This game was the "fine wine" of them all, between JRPG and WRPG takes on this genre. They took everything that was great and nostalgic about the genre they practically created and enhanced it in just the way to let you know that they know the particular genre better than anybody. It's never been the same since.)

4. Shenmue 2 - 1 was pretty good, but IMO, completely trumped by its sequel. 2 felt like everything the series tried to be fully realized. I was riveted until the end, and one of those games that made me stop playing anything else until I finished. The key was balance. Giving the player many choices, but also how no matter what you did, the game's pacing always felt like you were doing a bit of everything, all the time. All of this, without you losing any control of your ability to explore how you want to. It was also packed a load of "off the beaten path" easter eggs, including one of the largest ones in gaming history. One that practically took you into a whole different reality outside of the realities that the game is about.

My perfect game probably is one more akin to a crazy combo. Something straight from the twisted idea behind Ultima 1 or Might and Magic 2. Those games famous for combining ideas from so many levels of fantasy and science fiction technology.

"You're living in a fantasy world, be whatever class or mismash you want to be. Create your own spells/potions/equipment (including robotic battle helpers). Have mobs to hunt and plenty of loot (I love lootfests). Be able to ride around in recreational vehicles, like Gliders and Skidoo like FarCry 3. Be able to travel to different planets and have a space shooter in there."

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)