This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a game you personally thought "so close to my perfect game"?

#51SandOnMyBootPosted 1/24/2013 9:53:03 AM
The Legend of Dragoon, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Devil May Cry 3. Very different games, but they each satisfied and exceeded all my wants and expectations.
#52MonoculusPosted 1/24/2013 10:16:46 AM
Zelda: Ocarina of Time is still one of my favorite games, but it just feels so short compared to some other games of the era. It's still the best 3D Zelda game by a mile, since everything since has tried to emulate its success instead of reinventing the series like OoT did.

Oblivion and Skyrim are pretty good open-world RPGs, but they focus too much on the open-world part over the RPG. The stories don't feel as epic as they could, and I think the combat needs to go back to being dice-based rather than physics based, or needs to be overhauled entirely. At least Skyrim implemented Fallout 3's lock system, Oblivion's was terrible.

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is still my favorite SRPG on any system of this generation (mostly because they're so few, and I haven't gotten around to Disgaea 4), but it looks a lot better on paper than it actually is in reality. Quite a bit longer than the last few Fire Emblem games, implements a second promotion level, and has a decent amount of difficulty for some parts, but the story was bad, the character balance needed a lot of work, and the lack of a true Support system just killed it to the point where I agree with the score GameSpot gave it, if not the reasons they gave it that score. Fire Emblem: Awakening looks great, though, and hopefully I don't regret selling my Ambassador 3DS to pre-order the Fire Emblem system bundle.
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 4811-7007-7796
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play|Vita
#53EliteGuard99Posted 1/24/2013 10:24:50 AM(edited)
memphis12 posted...
AApt24 posted...
Only time this happened for me was Super Mario World when I was 5. Since then I've found flaws in every game I've played. The only game that came close for me was Oblivion but the gates of hell thing got real old real fast.

I was enjoying Oblivion until I realised enemies were scaling with me. It's all personal preference, but that's a game breaker for me.

"i didn't enjoy skyrim cuz the enemies were too easy and I stomped them, but Oblivion's scaling enemies posed to much of a challenge for me!"

I don't understand at all the scaling enemies ensured that the game never got boring.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#54majinpykePosted 1/24/2013 10:21:43 AM
Resident evil four....

Ashley was the only downfall for me in that game, and even that wasn't enough to drag the game down for me.
---
The Bible is the world's best selling history book. Harry Potter is the world's best selling fiction book. Platiumn FC: 3094 3185 3148
#55odogs4Posted 1/24/2013 10:29:34 AM
Mass effect 1. The only thing missing was the ability to fly the Normandy.
---
NBA = Spurs , MLB = Chicago Cubs
#56mattman0101Posted 1/24/2013 10:46:40 AM
Mutant1988 posted...
Timesplitters 2.

All it's missing is fixed crosshair aiming.

And for me personally (As in - It doesn't need it but I would love it), Timesplitters Future Perfect mapmaker (Or better).

THIS!!! Also Super Smash Bros. Melee is my "perfect game". Can't even play Brawl because of it.
---
Tell me what I want or I'll blast your virtual ass into actual dust!
Currently playing: Halo 4 and The Walking Dead
#57memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:52:24 AM
EliteGuard99 posted...
memphis12 posted...
AApt24 posted...
Only time this happened for me was Super Mario World when I was 5. Since then I've found flaws in every game I've played. The only game that came close for me was Oblivion but the gates of hell thing got real old real fast.

I was enjoying Oblivion until I realised enemies were scaling with me. It's all personal preference, but that's a game breaker for me.

"i didn't enjoy skyrim cuz the enemies were too easy and I stomped them, but Oblivion's scaling enemies posed to much of a challenge for me!"

I don't understand at all the scaling enemies ensured that the game never got boring.

No it didn't pose a challenge. It defeated the object of the game, well.. For me anyway. What's the point in getting better loot if the low level enemies get better loot! Scaling spoils a game. I want a game that has set levelled enemies. A troll is level 20.. He will smash you to pieces early game.. Later on you MIGHT stand a chance if you've levelled & geared correctly.
Dragons Dogma & Dark Souls implemented this perfectly.

I want a game to always challenge me. If my level cap is 50 make it so the lizards I fought when I was level 2 can be squished like the insects they are. Make it so a dragon who had been level 70 from the get go could be defeated with enough hard work and effort. Level scaling spoils a game for me personally.

But, each to their own dude :-) we all enjoy games for different reasons.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#58seafoampheonixPosted 1/24/2013 10:53:40 AM
San Andreas
---
:D
#59KpopCommanderPosted 1/24/2013 10:53:44 AM
Bioshock 1 or Suikoden 2

Difficulty... I wish they were actually somewhat challenging. I hate being able to breeze through games while also 100%'ing them. I am a sucker for amazing twists (Bioshock) and dat top-down aerial view old school RPG (Suikoden II).
---
Games Playing ~ Far Cry 3, Dead Space 2, Black Ops 2, Dungeon Defenders, Arma 2, Closure
#60ChargrilledPosted 1/24/2013 10:55:56 AM
Skyrim
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!