This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a game you personally thought "so close to my perfect game"?

#71kingsivPosted 1/24/2013 12:51:20 PM
Deus Ex: The Conspiracy

Man, I played the hell out of that game and kept coming back for more. Hope Eidos does a great recreation.
#72GollyFluffPosted 1/24/2013 12:51:49 PM
StealthyVlad101 posted...
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2... I can't think of anything I consider a flaw with either of those games.

Confusing story. Crappy jumping in the first game. Still really good stuff
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#73NixemoPosted 1/24/2013 12:52:09 PM
Fallout 3. If only that game never ended.
---
Visit my gaming site: www.thegameasylum.com
AC: City Folk - Name: Alex - City: Viridian - Friend Code: 0173-8160-2616
#74jastenPosted 1/24/2013 12:58:00 PM
There are a few... Dragon Age: Origins, Final Fantasy X, Tales of Vesperia, and Mass Effect 2. They all play differently, but I feel that the gameplay manages to work with each game and the characters and/or story for each are easily the best gaming has to offer.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#75Locke084Posted 1/24/2013 12:59:46 PM
I'm really fond of Metroid Prime for the Gamecube. I liked the game when it was first released, but it has definitely grown on me more in recent years.

The atmosphere of the game is the reason I consider it special. The world is teeming with detail. You see rain droplets land on your visor and rain bouncing off your beam. You see her face reflected off the visor whenever you witness an explosion close by. The ambient sci-fi themed tracks manage not to be cheesy and thus help further immerse you in the game's universe. And not to start an fps argument, but the fact that the game runs at 60fps adds to the fluidity of the visuals.

Even though the game had little outright story, there was lore hidden all around you. You felt you were really alone on that planet.
#762DshmuploverPosted 1/24/2013 1:06:01 PM
Forza Horizon. Not a perfect game but the concept of it is as close as possible for me. Cannot wait to see where the franchise goes.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#77xMythicPosted 1/24/2013 1:42:07 PM(edited)
Animal Crossing Wild World. Such a charming and addicting game. There is always one reason or another to check in at different times of the day each and every day. And that is made easy because it's on the DS. It's the perfect on-the-go game for me.

Disgaea DS. Endless leveling, so many numbers/stats/characters to manage, item worlds, and loot. I love being able to lay back on my couch and get lost in those endless item worlds for a few hours, hoping to score some over-powered items.

Borderlands. Shootin' and lootin'. So simple, yet so satisfying.
---
GT/PSN: xMythic
Go Gators!
#78Mr_UtruniPosted 1/24/2013 1:25:31 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics, Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals. There have been other games I love, but these ones I could play over and over and...over.
#79TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 1/24/2013 1:30:00 PM
Banana_Mana posted...
KotOR.

Damn that game was fine.

I've started playing it last month and GOD, is it good. Even though the player character has no voice other than grunts and "Yes?" I always get the vibe that he/she actually has a personality based on the dialogue choices.

KOTOR 3 better have a voice, if that ever gets announced.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Many people seem to forget the golden rule of the internet: "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion."
#80sinisterorionPosted 1/24/2013 1:30:15 PM
For me personally I would go with red dead redemption. I've been recently playing through arkham city and so far its looking the same but I'm not all the way through the game just yet so I'm reserving judgement.