This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a game you personally thought "so close to my perfect game"?

#91mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/24/2013 2:14:05 PM
Hmmm, I would say Far Cry 3. I'm maybe 12 hours in and have no qualms with it yet, but I'm sure something will pop up.

I will say I have found my perfect racing game, and that's Burnout Paradise. Arcade racing perfected.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#92BlueEye0Posted 1/24/2013 2:19:25 PM
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
The only thing wrong with the game is how empty the worlds are and how short it is.
Then again it was a PSP game.
So I imagine Kingdom Hearts 3 (Whenever it comes out) will probably be the perfect Kingdom Hearts game and thus my perfect game. The awesome combat system, longer overall game with more things in it, the awesome story and characters, and I dunno multiplayer where 3 or maybe more players team up and fight hordes of enemies.
#93speedkills4121Posted 1/24/2013 2:20:30 PM
hmm
Dragons dogma, ME1, Streets of Rage 2, super metroid and SotN are all the closest for me atleast (super metroid being the closest......only wish was it was longer)
#94CapwnDPosted 1/24/2013 2:26:54 PM
Castlevania SOTN
Starfox 64
Goldeneye

Games I see people mentioned already:
Red Dead
Zelda ooT
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#95zinsindettaPosted 1/24/2013 2:30:22 PM
Rune Factory Tides of Destiny, Skyrim, Persona, Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 and the Mass Effect Trilogy. Wow if all my favorite ideas from those games were put into one game with a infinite budget... ohhhhhhhhh perfection.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#96garanPosted 1/24/2013 2:41:08 PM
The 2 recent Fallout games are really close. If they combined a few of the life-sim aspects from something like Fable, I would pretty much never leave them.

Open world Bethesda type games in general, with all the exploration & immense worlds, tend to draw me in the most. However, I would like something with a better combat system, with actually different fighting styles for different weapons.

So basically:
New Vegas + life-sim (ala Fable 2) + variable but smooth melee combat (ala Kingdoms of Amalur).
#97Umega4Posted 1/24/2013 2:42:12 PM
Deus Ex.
#98wwesniperPosted 1/24/2013 2:45:00 PM
Megaman Legends and Chrono Trigger for me are pretty damn near perfect IMO.
---
Shot through the knee and you're to blame! You give adventuring a bad name!
#99Deathx113Posted 1/24/2013 2:45:15 PM
Dark Souls.

It is basically the game to end all games, for me.

I can spend hundreds of hours in it and not get bored.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#100En Sabah NurPosted 1/24/2013 2:47:51 PM
Batman Arkham City. I am more of a Marvel fan in general but that game blew me away and was everything a superhero game should be. It is one of the few games I don't acknowledge most criticism of :P
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, PSABR, Halo 4, Lego LOTR, Darksiders 2, Forza Horizon, Transformers FOC, DOA5, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Resident Evil 6, MAA