This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would you say the Most Annoying Video Game Meme of This Gen is?

#1TravarkothPosted 1/24/2013 11:38:01 AM(edited)
Arrow in the knee probably takes the cake (no pun intended), at least for me. Might be because it's the most recent.

You guys?
---
"Please stop being human. "
--- 343 Guilty Spark ---
#2SunDevil77Posted 1/24/2013 11:36:30 AM
Agreed with the arrow. Was funny once or twice, then I realized just how much it was going to be used.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#3bluehat94Posted 1/24/2013 11:37:28 AM
I think "The Cake is a lie" is the worst, it was almost 4 years before that one fell out of use.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#4NixemoPosted 1/24/2013 11:38:01 AM
Arrow in the knee for sure. The Cake Is A Lie was funny at first and has gotten old. Memes in general wear out their welcome so fast once everyone starts referencing them constantly...
---
Visit my gaming site: www.thegameasylum.com
AC: City Folk - Name: Alex - City: Viridian - Friend Code: 0173-8160-2616
#5JKSonicPosted 1/24/2013 11:39:24 AM
Arrow in the knee isn't the newest one but was by far the most overused. Another annoying one was "The Cake is a Lie" but that was sort of late last-gen into early this one.

On another note I HATE...hate hate hate...how much "literally" is being used lately too. In context (to it's #2 meaning anyway...which actually contradicts it's #1 meaning, but I won't even get in to that) it's supposed to drive home a point but ONLY when the point needs to be driven home. Using it all the time pretty much negates it's effect.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#6Ginsu VictimPosted 1/24/2013 11:40:36 AM
I was going to answer this question, but then I took a cake to the knee.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#7Travarkoth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:40:49 AM
Arrow in the knee isn't the newest one but was by far the most overused.

Which is the most recent? I seriously can't remember.
---
"Please stop being human. "
--- 343 Guilty Spark ---
#8bluehat94Posted 1/24/2013 11:42:30 AM
JKSonic posted...
Arrow in the knee isn't the newest one but was by far the most overused. Another annoying one was "The Cake is a Lie" but that was sort of late last-gen into early this one.

That bit about the cake is a lie isn't true, the meme originated from Portal which was released in 2007 which was well into this gen.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#9JKSonicPosted 1/24/2013 11:43:31 AM
Travarkoth posted...
Arrow in the knee isn't the newest one but was by far the most overused.

Which is the most recent? I seriously can't remember.

I'm drawing a blank, but there was even another Skyrim one after that...the sweet rolls.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#10JKSonicPosted 1/24/2013 11:44:28 AM
bluehat94 posted...
JKSonic posted...

That bit about the cake is a lie isn't true, the meme originated from Portal which was released in 2007 which was well into this gen.

Guess I was wrong, I was thinking of HL 2 and that was definitely released last gen...it even release on the original XBox.
---