This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know I really hate this about media's portrayal of video games.

#1CalistoCoonPosted 1/24/2013 12:43:15 PM
So the Hitman Movie was on TV and I stopped to watch it for a minute or two, 47 busts through a window and two kids are playing what is either Revelations or Blood Money.

Why must they show two kids playing an M rated game without even any kind of adult supervision? This is why people to this day still think video games are for kids, because the media keeps perpetuating this stereotype that gamers are either children or manchildren as seen by some older Gamefly commercials.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2pothocketPosted 1/24/2013 2:19:14 PM
Best use of a videogame in a movie? Twisted Metal 2 in Big Daddy. They were even using Sweet Tooth as a character, which can only be unlocked by inputting a code.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/24/2013 2:22:41 PM
^ nah dude. Tron: Legacy
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#4pothocketPosted 1/24/2013 2:24:31 PM
Got to admit, I kinda liked Tron legacy and I don't know why.
---
#5mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/24/2013 2:25:05 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

Nah dude, SotC in Reign Over Me. It's used as somewhat of a metaphor for the overall movie.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#6SunDevil77Posted 1/24/2013 2:26:10 PM
Hearing Journey blare over the speakers of an old style arcade and seeing the Tron game cabinet...just can't beat it.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#7Mutant1988Posted 1/24/2013 2:26:23 PM
Shaun of the Dead.

Shaun and Ed are playing Timesplitters 2. It's just there, they play it and it's awesome.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#8pothocketPosted 1/24/2013 2:39:39 PM(edited)
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Nah dude, SotC in Reign Over Me. It's used as somewhat of a metaphor for the overall movie.

I heard about that but never seen it. Hmmm....another Sandler movie....

For TV, Spaced does a great job of fitting videogames into the show without it feeling forced like "look how hip we are!"

In one episode Simon Pegg drowns Lara from TR2 over and over again as a way of coping with being hurt by his ex girlfriend. There's also a great Resident Evil based episode.
---
#9glassghost0Posted 1/24/2013 2:33:06 PM
pothocket posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

I heard about that but never seen it. Hmmm....another Sandler movie....

For TV, Spaced does a great job of fitting videogames into the show with it feeling forced like "look how hip we are!"

In one episode Simon Pegg drowns Lara from TR2 over and over again as a way of coping with being hurt by his ex girlfriend. There's also a great Resident Evil based episode.

Reign Over Me isn't regular Sandler. It's a serious movie, and Shadow of the Colossus was used magnificently in that movie. Very good film overall.
---
Signature OFF
#10Deathx113Posted 1/24/2013 2:39:55 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

You're telling me there is an American movie that has SotC in it... and as a metaphor for the movie?!?!

I am seriously impressed. Going to watch it for sure now! :D
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"